Amplifier sounds lagging

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks!!
I need help with my tda8954th btl (420x2watts)amplifier. I made this amplifier with a 1000va toroid transformer (25V-0-25V) with 4 22000uf 63v capacitors with ne5532 op amp volume control board. I have used 300watts passive 3way volume filters. On my subwoofer I used 2 Sony 60watts 6ohm bookshelf in series on each side (12ohm total). I having issue with sounds lagging like bad cd reading type when I turn my volume up above 35-40%. I am using a Bluetooth receiver with that opamp. With low volume it's sounds great clear and massive bass. By the way I have used 1uf non polar capacitors in parallel with my transformer input and 1 capacitor in my transformer secondary with 25v & 25v legs did not use any non polar capacitors in my ground connection. Any idea guys what is wrong with my system??

Possibly the input stage is receiving a part of the RF power radiated from the output: cables, filters, not grounded heat sinks, wiring, etc. Try to minimize lengths of cables and maximize distances between low and high level conductors.

Does your circuit have RF filtering (Passive LC) or it applies RF directly to voice coil?

I got 4 output inductors to my amplifier circuit and my passive 3way crossover I have installed right above my chassis, yes it's possible there distance pretty close to each other and it's possible my opamp not so far to them. Problem is my main amplifier produce huge amounts of watts when load is below 8 ohm. I have checked my output stage voltage and amps it's close to 800watts at 4ohm load on one channel.

It isn't a problem of power, the problem arises from currents that creates magnetic fields around conductors, and voltage that creates electric fields. Bot of them can be like small antennas (Aerials) and the input wires too, then unavoidable coupling between them. More over with the high frequency high current high voltages present in this kind of amps. Try better shielding and or more distance between the small and high signal levels.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.