Linear power supply for amptastic mini-1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am soon to be in possession of 2 amptastic mini-1 digital amps (they use the ta2020 chip). I will be setting them up to run in a vertically biamped configuration with my desktop speakers. I'd like to feed them power from a astron regulated linear power supply, but I'd like to know if they can both be powered from a single astron unit, assuming it can provide enough amperage, such as an rs12a. Opinions appreciated

Astron RS12A should give 12V-12A (144W). With "vertically biamped" I assume you mean two TA2020 channels (2 per TA2020 chip) for each stereo channel. That can be done with a single RS12A. Make sure you have sufficient decoupling of the 12V either in the RS12A, outside of the RS12A or at the Amptastic Mini-1 boards. The RS12A seems to be designed for CB use.

Thank you. I read somewhere that the ta2020 chips cannot share a common ground, so I wasn't sure if that pertained to a shared power supply or not. It looks like a single astron lps would work then. Any suggestions on an alternative that may work better for audio? The astron seems to be a popular choice though for lower powered chip amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.