Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

TAS5825M based amp
TAS5825M based amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th March 2019, 08:14 PM   #11
JMF11 is offline JMF11  France
diyAudio Member

They issued a similar document for the TAS3251: http://www.ti.com/lit/an/slaa799a/slaa799a.pdf

It seems that they don't use the same uDSP in their different smart amps... The TAS3251 one looks less smart than the one in the TAS5825 :-(

JMF
Old 26th March 2019, 02:10 AM   #12
Firerunning is offline Firerunning  China
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutkeveld View Post
You have the EVM and motherboard I assume?
I don't have the EVM and motherboard. I designed a board myself. Besides, I don't have the PPC software because I am just hobbyist,which is the biggest challenge for me.
The code I used is in the attachment,my microcontroller is STC8A8K64S4A12.
I read the registers after configuration and found out that Register 0x71 was set to 0x04(clock fault). The I2S signal was given by Amanero.
Attached Files
File Type: txt TAS5825M.txt (1.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 26th March 2019, 08:38 AM   #13
lutkeveld is offline lutkeveld
diyAudio Member

Can you set the output of the Amanero to 16bit 48KHz for testing?

This does not really seem like a DSP configuration issue, more like a I2S clocking issue.
Old 26th March 2019, 07:35 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Hi, and just to know, how do you solder the TAS5825M ? I have seen that you put a lot of vias below the chip. Do you hand solder it ? If the case, what is the right sequence to do it ?

Best regards,

JMF
Old 26th March 2019, 07:45 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

I used a stencil and reflow station. You have to be really careful about aligning the stencil and taking it off without smearing. Then you place the chip and reflow it, it's pretty do-able.
Old 26th March 2019, 08:06 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Thanks !

You use an Hot air reflow station ? Infra red or oven ?

Do you use a full PCB stencil or a "local" VQFN32 one ?

JMF
Old 26th March 2019, 09:00 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

I use a cheap atten 858d. An oven would also work. I would recommend a full stencil, because then you can directly solder all other SMD components at the same time, but both types will work.
Old 27th March 2019, 05:18 AM   #18
Firerunning is offline Firerunning  China
diyAudio Member

Quote:
This does not really seem like a DSP configuration issue, more like a I2S clocking issue.
Thanks for your advice, my amplifier is working now. However,when I change the sample rate,it doesn't work anymore. Besides,it does not support the 176.4/192khz sampling rate anyway. May I have to configure the DSP to support such a high input sample rate?
Old 27th March 2019, 06:25 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Thanks Lutkeveld. And do you have to heat from the bottom of the PCB, using the vias (and if yes, with soldering iron or hot air) ?

JMF
Old 27th March 2019, 08:13 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

@Firerunning Your txt files is incomplete, normal PPC3 export contains a big array of 100's of lines. If you send your requirements I can export a complete header file for you. Flow 8 supports 192Khz but your file wont load a complete flow. Where did you get it from?

@JMF11 I would recommend to raise the PCB slightly above the table that you are working on so that the heat does not get pulled away. If you heat the chip gradually everything will reflow properly. Heating the bottom or using an oven certainly helps to reflow the exposed pad properly. I always pull back the soldermask on the bottom of the PCB so that I can also use a soldering iron to be sure.

TAS5825M based ampHide this!Advertise here!