Setting up a Fusion Amp 3-way Step-by-Step

How does the ADC/DAC (re)sampling in the FusionAmps fit in all of this? The FusionAmp's ADC & DAC run on a different clock than the microphone's ADC. Doesn't that introduce the same sampling uncertainty? Ideally you'd drive the Fusionamp with a digital input, digitize the mic with the FA's ADC and read it back through the USB to HFD. But I guess that that's not possible.

Attachments

• meetverschil.PNG
    meetverschil.PNG
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,029
I discovered this when I made new measurements of my 3 way system with the Scarlett.

When I made new filtersettings I got unrealistic delay settings, like the mid was shifted fisically 30 cm forward and the tweeter to the rear.

I think the XMOS chip is the culprit, so validation of the measurement setup will be a important part in the manual.

I discovered this when I made new measurements of my 3 way system with the Scarlett.

When I made new filtersettings I got unrealistic delay settings, like the mid was shifted fisically 30 cm forward and the tweeter to the rear.

I think the XMOS chip is the culprit, so validation of the measurement setup will be a important part in the manual.

Gerhard you are the right person to describe HFD workflow once and for all. I thought I could do it but now when there is uncertainity even inside of usual USB interfaces I am finally confused.

But now the main question is how to derivate between 'good' and 'bad' USB soundcards? There are many of them on the market. I was using E-MU 0404 USB interface until now despite its ancient drivers (interestingly, it works most stable on newest Win 10 - maybe that E-MU has soul and it is affraid to be replaced) I did not even tested that new Focusrite, I need to test it today in order to see...

Actually the results are far far worse with the Focusrite driver, it is designed for very low latency (recording), not accuracy (measurement).

You can test this without a amp connected, output to input on the soundcard.

Any chance you can share the model of Behringer you have proved works well?

I bought the 2i2 just to do speaker testing with HFD and am pretty disappointed that it will introduce random timing errors.