800w rms 4ohm d class suggestion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, any suggestion about 800w rms class d amplifier schematic to build for a subwoofer 4ohm?
I have a trasformer 55 0 55 AC (77 0 77 DC) 1000VA to use, searching for a stable solution for PA sub... any ideas or schematic?
Thank you

schematics not...i am not a developer....;)

but TPA3255 EVM by TI or mono board by 3e audio will come close to your 800W
or cheaper but about 500W

IRS2092
Fixing [and preventing] a fried Zobel network
Ebay amp - is 500W believable?

chris

As you have a transformer for a symmetrical power supply, my first idea would be an IRS2092 based amplifier. Such as suggested by Chris. IRS2092 can handle high (symmetrical) switch voltages and as the power switches are external of the IC, the power switches can be chosen to handle large currents.
Nigel is very experienced with IRS2092.

+/-77Vdc, if not sagging when loaded, should allow some 650W-700W power in 4 Ohm with SE operation. BTL operation is an option but then the supply voltage is on the high side. Does it have to be 800W or rather use of that transformer?

For the schematics, the datasheet is always a starting point.

Ok, thank you, is a nice start.
I have an RCF speaker (15" 850wrms 4ohm) and a trasformer from scratch (1000VA 55 0 55), so idea was to not left it in the dust and make a simple reflex sub for live PA application in small pub.
Trasformers is very heavy and tall, but... inside the sub box is ok.... impossible to make a rack PA.
Im able to make PCB, is my second job, so i can buy kit or think to build it.
Bridge could be an option ... but 4 ohm and 77v + 77v arent so good maybe.
SE could be ok, taking out till last watt in order to obtain 700 w rms

With that power range you would be best off with a Behringer NX3000D.
For 229 Euros you get an amp which is brigable and will have enough headroom to drive your sub to the max.
For free you get a fine DSP, programmabel on a display or via USB Win Software.

You never can beat this offer and give 3 years of warrantee.

I have been there an back, believe me. The kits you can buy are never as reliable and even without a DSP and the transformer paid for, you will pay more for the parts. Also don´t expect your "Kit" to sound better, that is an illusion.

Putting amps in subs is a very questionable concept, as the low frequency beats all parts to pieces after a while.

Think about ist. If you have heard bad things about Behringer, that is trade talk today, as they combine German and European design with chinese costs. Hard to beat.

PS the fan is loud. Buy a good one (two) at a computer shop and this problem is history.

With that power range you would be best off with a Behringer NX3000D.
For 229 Euros you get an amp which is brigable and will have enough headroom to drive your sub to the max.
For free you get a fine DSP, programmabel on a display or via USB Win Software.

You never can beat this offer and give 3 years of warrantee.

I have been there an back, believe me. The kits you can buy are never as reliable and even without a DSP and the transformer paid for, you will pay more for the parts. Also don´t expect your "Kit" to sound better, that is an illusion.

Putting amps in subs is a very questionable concept, as the low frequency beats all parts to pieces after a while.

Think about ist. If you have heard bad things about Behringer, that is trade talk today, as they combine German and European design with chinese costs. Hard to beat.

PS the fan is loud. Buy a good one (two) at a computer shop and this problem is history.

Hallo, Ja das stimmt, mein erstes Behringer Gerät war vor
Jahren der Ultrabass, dann der Ultracurve,....

now in english

thats true, buy Behringer NX amp, you cant get better one for double price too !!!

When I was in China, have see big Behringer Factory,

chinese competitor often copy Behringer internal and sell for high price.

This amp and many chinese competitor using IR refernce design

+ mosfet driver chipset IRS80957 or IRS2092

you can walk at PA fairs in china and germany, look amp internal and you will see, > 90 % attend class D PA amps up to 600 EUR/ 700 USD Export FOB China are same

All this low cost amps working with IRS80957 or IRS2092 chipset
with about 80 V Rail

you can get wilh all these amps from different manufacturer

about 2 x 800 W @ 4 ohm max music output power, not RMS

in half bridge configuration

Tech spec is marketing PMPO output power, not real power

I have import very much of this class d amps from China and sell in EU market,

many competitor Brands sell as 2 y 2000 W Class D amplifier in EU

The Behringer NX3000 is 2 Ohm capable and will sure deliver more than 800 watts rms in a bridged 4 ohm configuration, still with a lot of music power headroom.

Of course, don´t expect 3000 watt, this is not the truth and not for 4 ohm.

I had one of the 1000 models and have the 3000, they are good standard design and their maximum output is with 2 ohms or 4ohms bridged. There is a lot of stuff worse than Behringer, but nothing cheaper and better.

Please take into account the real trouble free warrantee that Behringer has, something no cheap China watt wonder from Alibaba has.

The Behringer NX3000 is 2 Ohm capable and will sure deliver more than 800 watts rms in a bridged 4 ohm configuration, still with a lot of music power headroom.

Of course, don´t expect 3000 watt, this is not the truth and not for 4 ohm.

I had one of the 1000 models and have the 3000, they are good standard design and their maximum output is with 2 ohms or 4ohms bridged. There is a lot of stuff worse than Behringer, but nothing cheaper and better.

Please take into account the real trouble free warrantee that Behringer has, something no cheap China watt wonder from Alibaba has.

Yes in bridged configuration deliver more than 800 watts thats true,.....

but I talk about half bridge, in half bridge about 2 x 500 - 800 Watt is real with IRS20957 or IRS2092

look datasheet IRS2092 / IRS20957....500 Watt audio amplifier

Behringer is German Quality and engineering, reliability, yes, nothing is cheaper and better.

I confirm

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Yes in bridged configuration deliver more than 800 watts thats true,.....

but I talk about half bridge, in half bridge about 2 x 500 - 800 Watt is real with IRS20957 or IRS2092

look datasheet IRS2092 / IRS20957....500 Watt audio amplifier

Behringer is German Quality and engineering, reliability, yes, nothing is cheaper and better.

I confirm
Behringer is of swiss origin, now located in Behringer City, ROC

Uli Behringer is of Swiss origin, but he started his company in Germany, kick startet by the wealthy father of his German girl friend. Today it is an international company. Some of the stuff is still developed in Germany. Some say that he grew big by copying, simplyfying and producing cheap.
Sure, not everything Behringer produced was pure gold...
but today they have some very decent products for fair prices. Compared to Hifi stuff it is often of sensational price and quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.