Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

iNuke 1000 - modifying crossover freq
iNuke 1000 - modifying crossover freq
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th February 2019, 09:17 AM   #1
fatpizza is offline fatpizza  Romania
diyAudio Member

Default iNuke 1000 - modifying crossover freq

So I have the non dsp version because I was using Peace with the onboard 5.1 soundcard as a digital crossover.
Now I've switched to an USB DAC (Topping D10) and I am forced to rely on the 100 hz crossover switch on the iNuke to power my sub.
Anyone know how to modify the internal crossover of the iNuke to a more sensible 60-80 hz (preferably 12db slope)?
Old 5th February 2019, 07:31 PM   #2
Khron is offline Khron  Finland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Khron Send a message via MSN to Khron Send a message via Yahoo to Khron
All that seems to be easily-found is the NU3000 schematic, but it's reasonably safe(?) to assume the lower-power version isn't too different.

On page 3 is the line-level circuitry, and the circuitry you'll want to focus on is the one around IC12-B. Looks to be a 3rd order low-pass - an RC low-pass in front of a 2nd order Sallen-Key filter.

Audio Designs With Opamps -2
Active Filters
ESP Download Page
Old 6th February 2019, 12:06 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khron View Post
All that seems to be easily-found is the NU3000 schematic, but it's reasonably safe(?) to assume the lower-power version isn't too different.

On page 3 is the line-level circuitry, and the circuitry you'll want to focus on is the one around IC12-B. Looks to be a 3rd order low-pass - an RC low-pass in front of a 2nd order Sallen-Key filter.

Audio Designs With Opamps -2
Active Filters
ESP Download Page
I filled in the values from the NU3000 schematic in this tool:

(Sample)3rd order Sallen-Key Low-pass Filter Design Tool - Result -

By changing C3 from 10n to 15n it gives me fc1 = 90[Hz] and fc2 = 78[Hz], which is what I need... I think.
Is there any need to change any other components?
Old 6th February 2019, 12:23 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Khron Send a message via MSN to Khron Send a message via Yahoo to Khron
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpizza View Post
Is there any need to change any other components?
That depends on what you need, or what you're trying to achieve. And/or whether replacing capacitors is easier than resistors (or the other way around).
Old 12th February 2019, 03:53 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khron View Post
That depends on what you need, or what you're trying to achieve. And/or whether replacing capacitors is easier than resistors (or the other way around).
I finally got around to messing with the amp.
I placed a 10n capacitor in paralel with the existing 10n capacitor giving me a crossover freq of 65Hz and it seems to be working just fine.
I have the amp hooked up via RCA to unbalanced TS adapters, and I noticed the amp works with just the inner contact of the RCA plugged in the adapter, is this normal?
Old 12th February 2019, 04:08 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Glad to hear all is well.

And sounds normal enough, assuming the signal source is earthed somewhere (in order to complete the circuit).

iNuke 1000 - modifying crossover freqHide this!Advertise here!