TDA8954th btL amplifier

Thank you for giving such a detailed answer FF, it certainly helped me to understand the amperage scenario well. So I have two options now, either to go with a single chip board like this TDA8954 Class D 210+210W High Power Digital Amplifier 2 Channel Audio Board | eBay and fix the snubber implementation or go with the dual chip board which was mentioned in the previous post with redundant channels shorted to groundafter conversation to SE operation mode, assuming snubber is properly implemented, if not fix that as well.

Which way would you advise me to go ? Cost difference of the two boards would be aprox 6 USD in my local market so nothing much there.

PS I have two torroids I mentioned it earlier as an option to double the input current if needed, they are pretty beefy on their own.

If I have understood your previous posting well and your two toroid transformers are 24Vac, leaving around 35Vdc when rectified, you should rather have an ordinary SE-coupled TDA8954TH stereo-board, and not a BTL board. The best TDA8954TH board I bought (at a moderate price) is this one:
KYYSLB 210W+210W home audio power amplifier board high power class D TDA8954 dual channel HIFi digital fever amplifier board|Amplifier| - AliExpress
This board has correct snubber components. As I do not like a start-up relay for a class D amplifier, I shorted-out the relay contacts such that the speakers are permanently connected. Such a board should leave you with 2x150W in 4 Ohm with +/-35Vdc supply. I guess that should be sufficient?

Reviving an old thread.

I am using the same board with a SMPS 36v 500w power supply and a dual voltage preamp.

I have removed the bridge from both the amplifier and the preamp and use the +/-36 supply for the amp and the smaller +/-15v supply for the preamp.

When I connect the preamp I seem to get a lot of noise at lower frequencies on my oscilloscope. This noise not present on the input signal from my simple sine wave generator board.

low frequency noise tda8954.jpg

I don't seem to get this without the preamp connected and I have tried a couple of different preamp boards with the same result.

I also connected a different +/-15v converter to the preamp and also a single ended preamp with the same result.

The scope is battery powered so there is no real ground on it.

I don't think this is a sampling issue with the scope, has anyone else seen this? I am not sure if it is at all related to this amplifier board.

-Rich