Weird audio Amp problem...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built a busking Amp for the demonstration of my whistling to good music. It consists of:
1) electret Mic PreAmp,
2) ETI-486 Howl-round Stabilizer,
3) Pedal Reverb and a
4) 100W (class D) Amp running on a 11.1V LiPo.

Problem: When I turn the system on, the whistling volume is moderate, yet then when I turn it briefly off/on, the volume goes suddenly quite high and then gradually weakens.
I don't know what is causing it gradual drop? Maybe it has something to do with an old electrolytic? - Thank you in advance for any suggestions, Jo

Here's a sample of my inherited whistling, which I care to maintain (even now at age 77):
Box

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
With an 11.1V LiPo battery power supply you are limited to less than 30W with a bridged amplifier into a 4 ohm load.

Depending on your speaker, you may be driving the amplifier into clipping if you're listening at louder volumes. Your whistling is very loud if it's anything like the recording you linked to!

It also sounds like you may have a ground loop (between 1, 2, and or 3), possible wiring issue, or interference issue causing the "whistling" (unless I misread your question). If your amp is stereo you could try physically separating the channels (if possible) to reduce interference between the two.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.