How to eliminate fade-in/soft start on TPA3116D2 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently purchased this guy and I'm loving the sound quality compared to my previous setup.

TPA3116D2 Bluetooth Digital Audio Amplifier Board DC12-24V 100W+50W+50W | eBay

Anyway, it has a very annoying "feature" where it ramps up the volume from silent when a signal starts. Presumably this is to reduce pops? I don't know, but it's WAY too aggressive. Any silence between parts of music or speech and it fades out... and back in again. Super distracting.

I read somewhere else (that I can't find any more) that bridging the ERP pads on the bottom would disable this but it didn't seem to have any effect on mine.

I'm sure somebody else here has bought a board that does this. Thanks so much for your help!

I have 2 boards like this but without Bluetooth and they don't have this problem. They do have 'anti pop' but that only works (fine) when turning on and off on my boards with the volume knob.
Do you have this problem with aux in and Bluetooth input or only with one of them?

Oh I think I know what this is, its not a soft start circuit, its designed to mask the fact that the bluetooth module has a very high noise floor, so if you turn this off, presumably by reprogramming the bluetooth module, it'll be really noisy during quiet passages, it'll be cheaper just to get a different amp.

I think we're onto something. The AUX does not fade in. I wasn't using the AUX because the DAC on my Amazon Echo is total garbage, but BT audio is sent uncompressed.

I'll look into disabling this on the BT module, or just getting a new BT module. Thanks for the help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.