Need to find a reliable subwoofer amp, TPA3116?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a reliable strong sub amp that will power my small subwoofer. The sub is looking for 75w. Peak up to 100w.

I only need the amp to power the sub so the 2.1 style amps are not necessary. Just a single that can go to 100w.

It looks like the TPA3116 may do the trick. I found a few prebuilt on ebay, around $30.00 in the case.

I will eventually need to enclose it in a case. Clean connections.

I do have a couple of 19v 4.75a power units that could power it. Left over from notebooks I had. Is this enough power for the board?

If you guys have any other suggestions I am open! :) Thanks..

This is the actual version I have, similar to the one I linked to above, but with selectable/adjustable gain.

With a 19v brick supply, looks like it will be a good match for a 4ohm woofer; and, at such a cheap price, surely it's worth a try?

GHXAMP TDA7498MV Hifi Mono Conseil Amplificateur 100 w Classe D Amplificateur de Puissance Numerique Conseil DC14V 36V Pour Voiture Audio Mise A Niveau 1 pc dans Amplificateur de Electronique sur AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

Note that the 7498MV chip is a pure mono variant of the 7498 family (datasheet here: https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/tda7498mv.pdf)

Last edited:
Ignore that request above. I will just stick with the brick style power for now. Going to look for a reliable 24v 5a unit to make sure it has lots of room.

Where are you guys buying your 3116 boards at? There are a ton on eBay, some on Parts Express. Any particular models that are higher quality or better built from all the options out there? Thanks..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.