justboom zero amp boards?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
didnt get any takers for the last post i dropped about BT boards and DTA boards, so lets try another....

i was looking for something different, but basic enough for myself, anyone out there gone out and grabbed a raspberry pi zero and one of these JustBoom Amps at all? if yes, did you work out how to put a volume knob on it to turn it on and off, how did it it perform, would you recommend using this combo for a basic portable speaker build?

JustBoom Amp Zero pHAT for Raspberry Pi Zero / Pi Zero W • JustBoom

It no doubt is a good little amplifier. The problem with no takers is probably that it in practice is restricted to Raspberry PI users AND those having this somewhat particular board AND those with experience in putting a volume knob/on-off switch on the amplifier board.

A good but rather specific idea.

Hi,

the volume control is via the installed music app. So from Volumio (or Rune Audio), you can control the volume via the hardware. By cons I don't think it possible to add a physical volume, the amplifier is fully digital, it would change the amplifier card and probably redo the circuit, I don't know, but it takes a volume that acts at a digital level. here is what is written in the documentation of the amplifier.

Technical Information
TAS5756 Digital Audio AMP – Class D
Maximum output is 30 W (RMS) 55W (Peak)

Fully integrated hardware volume mixing via “alsamixer” or any ALSA compatible application

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.