Help with finding a suitable BT and Battery arrangement for a DTA 2 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using a DTA2 amp board with sure BT setup

guys, obviously watching Youtube you have to take advice on there with a grain of salt, this guy has some good techniques for building speakers that i have liked watching. This one happened to pop up just when i'm about to start a portable speaker build

YouTube

I bought the Dayton Audio DTA2 board for my PC T-Line setup and quite happy with how it operates, would like to try the KAB series purely because of the on board Bluetooth and addon capabilities, but have been put off by some of the negative reviews on Parts Express as there seems to be some weird bugs with its BT capabilities, lag and not being able to be located issues.

This post is a two sided group of questions

1. what do you think of the kirby audio post of running the sure BT board and DTA2 in series? see any issues? have you done something like this in the past?

2. Have you owned or currently have a Dayton Audio KAB series of boards? Have you got any issues with it? would you use one again? Was is fairly simple to connect everything?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm a bit of a speaker noob, dont claim to even be on the audiophile spectrum, but have enjoyed the woodworking component of these little journeys. Same goes for my electronic knowledge, my first time soldering was on the DTA board, speaker posts and speakers, which "appeared" to be OK, havent noticed any issues yet.

Last edited:
Dayton Audio DTA-2 tripath

I'm doing some due diligence again and thinking of building a small BT speaker to complete with my parents Bose. I have a DTA 2 sitting around and would like to re use it, but I have no idea how to hook it up to a battery, recharge and provide charge protection, similar functions to the KAB boards. The BT board would just go in the input so comfortable in that regards

Anyone done something or able to provide some commentary on the subject?

Oh and another dumb question, can one turn this into a mono output? Due to size constraints I was only going.to use a 2,5in driver and a couple of radiators

Small Bluetooth speaker options

Guys, i do believe i've previously said i was not going to build anything else, but i really want to lol...

I'm wanting to build a small as possible bluetooth speaker that can go as low as 50-60hz so it has a punchy bass. The tectonics i've used a few times were tuned to 58hz and i like them, but with a box volume of 0.18cuft. I've noticed the ND65-8 ohm can get mid 50's at a volume of 0.1cuft. as this is a small BT build, i'm thinking one is enough, but was going to pair it with two PR's of the same size. Lucky i read a post which spelt out the no-no's of under mounting a PR.

So 1x full range 2.5inch driver accompanied by 2x 2.5 or 3.5inch radiators.

I have a DTA-2 tripath amp board lying around and not sure how to pair up a battery unit which charges when the DC is plugged in (just like the KAB units at current). A sure BT board can be rigged up fairly easily after watching kirby meets audio as they are both 12v units.

guys, is there anything i've overlooked or missed and i'm up for some advice on the batteries if there are any gurus out there.

Extremely crap schematic.....really hit day and left my work computer behind. Not to scale either

Bunnings near me has dressed pine of 65mm width which i was thinking i could kerf again, then cut the top and bottom to suit with a router......or a mini version of the bigger blue tooth speaker i built where it was kerfed 180 degrees to and bottom..

Attachments

• IMG_20190213_145836.jpg
    IMG_20190213_145836.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 82
Guys and Gals,

I'm looking at making a tiny BT system and already have a Dayton Audio DTA-2 board from a previous build. It unfortunately doesnt have Bluetooth capabilities but noticed this little SURE board. It is more basic that the other one out there and as it has a power in and signal/headphone out looks to potentially work just fine? my question is anyone able to help rig up (though a diagram and parts list) a way to power and charge some batteries? and do you think i could have one power lead/connection on the external and run a lead internally that has two DC connectors (in series) one going to the DTA board and the other the SURE board? they both require 12v power.

Bluetooth Audio Receiver Board BT 2.1 Starter BRB1 AA-AB41151 | eBay

I have seen a video Kirby meets Audio on youtube where he basically connects power to the other version of the SURE board, then using the barrel jack runs a power lead to the DTA board. This SURE board doesnt appear to have that same connection next to the jack, instead a micro USB

sorry mate, i thought as one was to do with more the amp side that it should be under amps and ditto for the drivers being full range.

Plus the BT one about the KAB board is a different topic and build (delete post #2 please). The other ones are the same build.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.