Can the JAB2/JAB3 Gain be changed from 20db to 26db?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to increase the gain on a jab2 from 20db to 26db. I don't have the boards or the layout yet given shipping from china. I'm not certain they will fit my usecase unless I can increase the gain.

I saw this post which describes removing resistors but not which ones and why.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/cla...issues-low-volume-crosstalk-bad-bt-range.html

On the 3116's/3118's boards I have seen removing the resistors dropped the gain to 20db. I don't see slots left open to add resistors back.

I understand you haven't got the boards yet. How do you know they only have a 20dB gain? Most boards from out east are initially designed for around 30dB gain. Due to hiss, the TPA3118 boards are often reduced to 20dB.
Could you eventually give me a link to the technical specifications of the Sure boards?

I understand you haven't got the boards yet. How do you know they only have a 20dB gain? Most boards from out east are initially designed for around 30dB gain. Due to hiss, the TPA3118 boards are often reduced to 20dB.
Could you eventually give me a link to the technical specifications of the Sure boards?
Sure Electronics' webstore 2 x 50 Watt 4 Ohm Class D Audio Amplifier with Bluetooth 4.0 APT-X - JAB2-50 (for Gaming Kiosks)

This is the link I have. I don't see a board layout on the page.
http://sure-electronics.net/JAB.pdf

Thanks for the links.

The two amplifiers seem based on TPA3110 and TPA3116. Both these chips have adjustable gain. This means, you can set the gain to 26dB because also Sure had to set the gain with resistors. What the initial gain is set to I cannot see.
For the TPA3116 board you can remove the heatsink. Exactly which SMD resistors you have to change I cannot see. You will have to wait for the boards to arrive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.