Class D for 2.1 setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And are these to be found on the chinese boards or on the TI EVM 3255 board?

Being able to spot these on a board is probably level 3 -5. :D

If you look at the TP3255EVM schematic, there is a .01 uf capacitor in series with a 3.3 ohm resistor to ground just before the speaker output.

Again, I'm not sure the exact function of this filter, but I would think it would load the outputs even with no speaker attached.

Not sure if all class d amps have this, but as I understand it, they all should.

I can't guarantee this is the reason I have never had a problem running a class d amp with no speaker attached, but it's my theory.

Good suggestion to have a look at the documentation of the documented board; I found them on page 18 of http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/slou441/slou441.pdf .

Then found them on the board and on 7 different Chinese boards as well.

That makes me suspect that the burned boards had a broken or missing zobel or there was something else going on and not having a load connected was suspected and put out as truth.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.