Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

LTspice Ncore simulation
LTspice Ncore simulation
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2019, 09:38 PM   #41
spikestabber is offline spikestabber  Canada
diyAudio Member

Well that's interesting... Hypex changed the pricing policy very recently, I take back what I said, either that or competition creep.

New Nord Hypex NC1200 Signature Amplifier | Hifi Pig

Last edited by spikestabber; 21st March 2019 at 09:43 PM.
Old 21st March 2019, 11:50 PM   #42
cab is offline cab
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikestabber View Post
Then turned into a giant advertisement for nc1200 OEM, this whole forum was in force with it.
Quote:
It better have delivered what it advertised for what it cost, with the many years of UcD behind them all things considered. I think everyone can agree Soren originally oversold the dam1021, however I think the latest models have very much lived up to the expectations and he doesn't overcharge for OEM parts and sells to everyone even with the top end board. Nobody would have an issue if Hypex did the same.
Not sure I follow how they were using the nc400 on this DIY forum as an advertisement for the nc1200, which was not and is not available to the DIY crowd.

In any case, Hypex and the Soekris company aren't even close to being in the same league when it comes to professionalism- delivering tested, debugged, ready to use products and standing behind their advertised performance. The nc400 was sold as a DIY product. When a problem arose, they said "just send it back and we'll repair or replace". When issues surfaced with the Soekris dam, he said "fix it yourself, this is DIY". It's a cruel joke.

"I think everyone can agree Soren originally oversold the dam1021"-- you think? Little good it does people such as myself that bought 4 original boards based on his "oversold" advertising that the latest and greatest, rev. 5 or whatever he is up to now, finally deliver what was initially promised. The latest shoe to drop concerning potential synch issues is just another kick in the jewels.
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:12 AM   #43
Oneminde is offline Oneminde
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab View Post
"I think everyone can agree Soren originally oversold the dam1021"-- you think? Little good it does people such as myself that bought 4 original boards based on his "oversold" advertising that the latest and greatest, rev. 5 or whatever he is up to now, finally deliver what was initially promised. The latest shoe to drop concerning potential synch issues is just another kick in the jewels.
What now ? please, what's going on with the Soekris DAC ? I've been planing to use it in the future on my diy r2r dac. I'll admit, I've not dug deep into this product, just found it a few months ago and thought, well, that could be interesting as diy dac.
Old 22nd March 2019, 02:46 AM   #44
cab is offline cab
diyAudio Member

The latest versions appear to have cleaned up the issues from the first version so you shouldn't have to worry. Lucky you.....
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:23 AM   #45
Oneminde is offline Oneminde
diyAudio Member

Dam 1941 that is ?
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:46 PM   #46
cab is offline cab
diyAudio Member

maybe but I am not sure what the latest and greatest model is....you'll have to do some research...
Old 23rd March 2019, 07:57 PM   #47
spikestabber is offline spikestabber  Canada
diyAudio Member

Yeah, its like the original nc400 was flawless or something.
Old 24th March 2019, 12:34 AM   #48
cab is offline cab
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yeah, its like the original nc400 was flawless or something.
So what issues are you aware of that Hypex has ignored or told you to fix yourself?

I'm not aware of any inherent flaws that compromised the module and prevented it from achieving it's advertised performance. What's more, knowing Hypex, they have always been quick to resolve any customer issues in a completely professional manner. In my own case, when I needed a new set of connecting cables, due to my own mistake, they sent me a completely new set, for free, not even charging me postage. They know how to put the customer first.
Old 24th March 2019, 05:59 PM   #49
Baldin is offline Baldin  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Baldin
Ran the simulation of the NCore design .... that is truely impressive .... and way much better performance than the original UcD ..... would say it's in a class of it's own ... wow

Thanks analogspiceman for the simplified schematic .... much easier to follow ... briliant
Old 24th March 2019, 06:08 PM   #50
Reactance is offline Reactance  South Africa
diyAudio Member

The original 12 transistor(s) making up the comparator needs to be deconstructed as well, I have a feeling the external poles/zeros is targeting that comparator design.

LTspice Ncore simulationHide this!Advertise here!