Sta508 2.1 amp or TPA3116 2.1 amp ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So im building a boombox . I use 2 7" subs from lg home theater subwoofer boxes .
The new sub box is 40l and with 4" port tuned to 32-33hz . Then i use two 6,5" car stereo speakers for midbass and treble in a separated enclosure . I know that these subs can take about 75wrms each . I had tyese running on a tpa3116 subwoofer amplifier with 24v and 10a powersupply but amplifier started struggling at 35-25hz range. The amp gave about 80-90wrms . So now im asking that is there a better solution ? Maybe sta508 does the job better ? . Btw both sub drivers are 4ohm so i had them connected at 2ohm , and the tpa3116 is rated 100w mono . So it did a good job for a tiny amp . .
But sta508 is a 4 channel amp so 2 of these channel must be bridged . I want to know that is that correct that the amp does around 150wrms depenging by the voltage and amperage . And if i buy this amp what powersupply you would recommend ?
Thank you !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.