Setup for a car stereo system for a VW Bug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys.

I'm new here in the community.

My project is to build something like the RetroSound systems for my 1966 VW Bug. I've gone through to many stuff and I'm struggling when it comes to choose a good amplifier board. I want it to have bluetooth, usb, FM and SD card features.

I thought about getting one of those inexpensive mp3 bluetooth decoder (like this one: EDAL Util MP3 Jogador Decodificador Bordo Modulo de Audio Sem Fio USB TF Radio Para Carro Vermelho Digitais LEVOU Com Controle Remoto nova em MP3 Player de Eletronicos no AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group) and attach it to an amplifier board. The main thing I like about this decoder is the fact it already has a display (something that I want) and all the features I want. BUT, the quality is poor...

What do you guys think would be a good choice (and, if possible, cheap)?

What aspect of the quality is poor?

At about $5US, try it and if you don't like it, it's no great loss. There are a lot of these on ebay.

I have no idea how bad it is, but I've seen some comments that there is too much noise. In fact, it's really cheap.

Do you think a TPA3112 would be a good amplifier? I know that to get the most out of it you need 24V...

João

Porque não usa um radio. Ele tem tudo hoje em dia ?

Why not a head-unit. Nowadays it's all in there.

Olá! Meu intuito é ter um som com aparência de clássico, porém com funções mais modernas. Você já viu esses RetroSound? São muito bons, mas custam cerca de $400...

Hello! I want something like a classic one in appearence, but with modern functions. Have you seen these RetroSounds? They're great, but cost too much ($400)!

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.