Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Advice on first bluetooth speaker build
Advice on first bluetooth speaker build
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th September 2018, 06:00 PM   #1
hmsdexter is offline hmsdexter
diyAudio Member

Default Advice on first bluetooth speaker build

Context,

I live in rural Swaziland and have little access to things, and very low funds, I am using this project to teach kids at an orphanage how to plan, purchase and solder an electronics project.

The basis for the project:

I have a busted desktop speaker set that I want to transform into a battery powered speaker set. I have a friend coming from the US soon that can bring me a couple of small items from amazon.

What I want to achieve:

Be able to run the speakers from mains or battery

Connect and play via bluetooth (aux would be a bonus, but hardly needed)

Have a volume knob.

Supplies on hand:

24v 2a power brick. Could probably find a 19v laptop psu if needed.

12v2.2ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery

2x 5w 4ohm drivers

3x dual potentiometers from the busted speaker set. (originally Volume, Treble and Bass)

Questions:

Would this board be suitable for driving the speakers, and can I solder on my own POT for the volume control.

http://a.co/d/hfWwL3H

What charging board can I use, that could work with the 24v 2a supply?

Does anyone know if this board would have the characteristic ground loop noise, and is there a way to mitigate it?

Advice on first bluetooth speaker buildHide this!Advertise here!