Wondom/Sure AB32155 hiss

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The AA-AB32155V00 I bought has considerable hiss that can easily be heard 1m away. Sure-Electronics kindly sent a second module that that was no better even though they said it would be tested prior to despatch.
Sure Electronics' webstore 2 x 15 Watt 4 Ohm Class D Audio Amplifier Board - TA2024

I've used several TA2024 modules and amps before such as Sonic Impact, Dayton DTA-1 and Dayton DTA-2 which were very quiet. I've also got a TPA3116D2 (black blue module) which is very quiet as well.

Have other users of this module noticed this hiss and is there anything that can be done prior to the signal input or or after the speaker output that could help. I've tried different power supplies, leads, speakers, sources with no change in hiss. I don't want to play with the module as my eyes and hands are not up to it.

Thanks

I have another TA2024 module and it is silent. TPA3116 is known to have hiss if the source impedance is too high.

If you remove the source and short-circuit the two input lines to ground through 1KOhm and you still have hiss, I believe it is inherent in the board design and you cannot do much without having to modify the board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.