Icepower amp build questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building 3 amp boxes that will hold a 50asx2, and 125asx amp module both will be bridged mono. I will have 2 XLRS for input, and a Speakon connector (2 channel connector), a power jack on the rear, and some kind of power switch for the front. I am using a ebay faceplate, the sides and back will be wood with a stainless steel grill style bottom, and a plexi top. I am making it in a pie shape with the sides and rear made of wood.

I am attaching a mockup of the design I am thinking of. Any help on layout, spacing of modules wiring etc. are appreciated as this will be my first build. I have had friends build for me to my design, but I have never done this myself.

Attachments

• 20180923_145417 (1).jpg
    20180923_145417 (1).jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 274
Hi

my proposal:
first check if everything you want to build is working in your lab.;)

try to use the same space as you want to build your housing.
then put everyhing inside your housing without power,
earth ground must be good connected to the plate. anodizied should be scratched away
signal and power should be go in different way if possible.
wire all cables e.g. speaker cables + and - togehter.

chris

Thank you for your response. Questions...
1: Is stainless steel a good ground?
2: Should I keep all my connectors facing each other...the asx50 board connectors next to the asx125 connectors?
3: What spacing should I have in between the 2 boards?
4:On the rear panel how far away from the power should my input and output connectors be... should the XLRs be the closest with the Speakon being farther?

I had been using these amps in a 14 channel amp config. I have seen numerous people say you have to have a buffer to have them sound good. I am using a Yamaha cxa5100 preamp, and have been using them in unbalanced config...when I run balanced will I need to have a buffer? How do I know if I need a buffer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.