BT to Class D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone This might be a very easy question to answer.

I doing a BT speaker with BT connection as so many befor me, the problem is that it seems thta the utput from the BT module is to high.

What happens is that if I turn down the volume on the phone almost al the way down everything is fine. But as soon as I turn the volume a little up there alot of distortion.

The setup is

BT module : CSR8645 APT-X Bluetooth 4.0 Audio ( its this one )

Power to BT module L7812 LM7812 12V

Battery 18 V li ion

Class D TPA3116D2 Class D Digital Amplifier Board 2x50W Dual Channel Stereo 12v-24V

How do I turn down the signal from the BT module (a simple resistor sounds too easy ;-) )

Most pre-amp type audio circuits today use OP-AMPs. Really good OP-AMPs can drive 600 Ohm, ordinary ones 2-3 KOhm.
If you design your resistive voltage divider such that the two resistors in series have 5-10 KOhm, you will be fine.
TPA3116 likes a low source impedance. Therefore if you use a potentiometer, use 5 KOhm (4K7).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.