Please recommend a finished amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I realize this is a DIY forum, but all you experts have probably seen finished amps from the various chinese manufacturers. Looking at what is available to ship to US, i see Dayton, Fosi audio, Duok Audio, Yuan Jing audio as some of the common manufacturers of finished amps.

Here's what i want feature-wise:
- atleast bluetooth 4.2 or higher
- prefer 2.1 channels.. but these amps seem to be driving passive subs. And the crossover is not listed. So a quality stereo amp is good too.
- clean audio. Im not an audiophile.. dont have golden ears.. but would like the best bang for the buck. This is for listening to streaming music over bluetooth. Probably i will find the best cheapest competent bookshelf speakers (used) to listen on.
- don't mind spending $30 more if it gets me an amp with higher quality, newer board / TI chip etc.

That's where my current decision point is at.. there are lots of amps using the TPA3116 chip. Like Nobsound NS-10G PRO Hi-Fi DSP Digital Amplifiers Stereo BT 4.2 Power Amp,Digital Amplifier
Or
2.1 Channel Bass Mini Digital Power Amplifier Stereo Amp 2x50W+100W Subwoofer
Or
Nobsound Bluetooth 4.2 HiFi 2.1 Channel Subwoofer Audio Stereo Power Amplifier

I see a couple using TAS5613 for 2.1. Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Audio Amplifier Mini Hi-Fi Professional Amp 2.1CH for Home Speakers/ Subwoofer 75W x 2 + 150W TAS5613(With power supply)

And only ONE manufacturer (Yuan Jing) making one with the TPA3255 chip. https://www.yuan-jing.com/tpa3255-c...0w-x-2-sub-woofer-325w-audio-tuning-bluetooth

Any thoughts? Recommendations?

To be honest, the TPA3116 or TPA3255 will likely be irrelevant. Both amp chips are excellent devices and can be made to sound bad or good, depending on the system implementation. The listening experience is going to depend on the DAC in front of them, and the system implementation.

Is there a chance you could have a listen to them? If you're able, have a listen, pick the one you think sounds good enough for your purposes and price. It won't take a golden ear to hear a high noise floor, and if you are using it near you, the noise floor will become very important.

Were it me, I would go with the TPA3255, because its control loop was improved over the TPA3116 and more dynamic headroom is nearly always a good thing that, generally, people tend to like. The only issue is that you're buying super-cheap gear- so whatever the amp does right may very well be lost in the "cheap". If you have a 48kHz bandwidth, super low distortion, and are capable of hundreds of watts of peak transients... but then it hisses because of the cheap SMPS they gave you with it, or it clicks/thumps/pops when you turn it on and off because they didn't implement the start-up/shut-down routine correctly, then all of that stuff doesn't really matter.

If you can, go and listen. If you choose the TPA3116 there is a large collection of DIY'er/Modding info on the net and you could likely improve on the design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.