Hypex Fusion bug and wishlist

Hi there

Got my amps (503) up and running with OB three way, 2x12" Wavecor, 7" Scan Speak Discovery and Heil AMT1.

1 questions for you. I can not seem to get all three channels to show on the filter page at the same time. And I have checked the "Sum" boxes for all three channels.

1 wish for the software: A feature that makes it possible to load two filters in to the Filter Design part. The 2 filters should have different colours This way it would be easy to see the difference between the two filters that one has created.

best regards

uwe

Hi there

...1 questions for you. I can not seem to get all three channels to show on the filter page at the same time. And I have checked the "Sum" boxes for all three channels.

1 wish for the software: A feature that makes it possible to load two filters in to the Filter Design part. The 2 filters should have different colours This way it would be easy to see the difference between the two filters that one has created...

Hey Boss- if I'm understanding you, I think the problem might be that you don't have impulses loaded into your preset; you can click "Sum" all day long, but if there isn't a file, even the "flat" file they include in the download package with HFD, you won't really see anything. If that's the case, either record the sweeps per the directions in the HFD manual or load the "Flat" impulses into all of your channels.

I don't have anything for you on the second problem, but I hope that was all the problem was for your first.

Hi Byrne

Thanks man that totally solved the problem with seeing all three outputs at the same time.

The second thing is just a wish. For me it would be nice to see two different filter designs at the same time. I have allready like 10 different filter versions. And most of them have the same basic filters with just slightly different amplitude or just a little change in the crossover frequence. It would be nice to be able to see the differenec between two versions of a filter as two curves with different colours.

Best regards

uwe

Hi,
Having an issue. When muting 1 channel on the FA253 and after uploading the settings to PRESET1. If the unit goes to sleep (and powered back up again) or is power cycled, all channels are unmute.

Is this normal behavior? I know it is a 3-way amp and not a 2-way amp but when testing/creating xover I was expecting the next power-up to only have 2 channels active.

Thanks,

Hi,
Having an issue. When muting 1 channel on the FA253 and after uploading the settings to PRESET1. If the unit goes to sleep (and powered back up again) or is power cycled, all channels are unmute.

Is this normal behavior? I know it is a 3-way amp and not a 2-way amp but when testing/creating xover I was expecting the next power-up to only have 2 channels active.

Thanks,

Not normal behavior. I muted 2 channels of the 3 on my FA123 and all was working well.
Are you using the latest firmware? And are the other 2 presets also filled?

I copied PRESET1 to PRESET2 and PRESET3. I'm using firmware 1.33 with 4.83 software. The first channel of the FA253 was muted, not the tweeter channel. Seems to happen on both my FA253 builds. I will have to investigate further. It's not a huge problem but I did not expect it to behave like that.

I copied PRESET1 to PRESET2 and PRESET3. I'm using firmware 1.33 with 4.83 software. The first channel of the FA253 was muted, not the tweeter channel. Seems to happen on both my FA253 builds. I will have to investigate further. It's not a huge problem but I did not expect it to behave like that.

When you copy a preset you'll copy it internally in the software on your computer. You'll then have to upload all presets for it to have effect.
But I no longer understand your problem as I thought your whole FA253 was muted? But now you say it mutes the wrong channel?

Hi,
The issue is I wish to use only 2 channels of the FA253. The midrange and Tweeter sections but not the woofer channel. When I mute the woofer channel, if the unit goes to sleep or is power cycled, on start up ALL channels are unmuted (meaning the woofer channel is now ON). Before the unit went to sleep, the woofer section is muted. When it powers back on, the woofer section is unmuted. This seems like an undesirable feature or bug.

All presets were pushed to the unit using program all presets feature via the software program.:)

Hi,
The issue is I wish to use only 2 channels of the FA253. The midrange and Tweeter sections but not the woofer channel. When I mute the woofer channel, if the unit goes to sleep or is power cycled, on start up ALL channels are unmuted (meaning the woofer channel is now ON). Before the unit went to sleep, the woofer section is muted. When it powers back on, the woofer section is unmuted. This seems like an undesirable feature or bug.

All presets were pushed to the unit using program all presets feature via the software program.:)

Sorry I understand now.
I have no idea if my units do the same thing. Probably do if yours do.
You could set the gain of the woofer channel to -999 or something to have the same effect as mute.

LkHi!

There are a few things that I have in mind.
It would be great for Fusionamp to receive an even higher level ADC/DAC and DSP in the future as an upgrade kit, also with +12 volt trigger function and software (or hardware) controlled analogue gain switch.
I'm not saying that it would be necessarily audible, but if we look at the sheer technical data, the DSP board (mainly the ADC/DAC part) will slightly holding back the performance of the amplifier i think, but i may be wrong.

Regards!
Denes

Last edited: