Hypex Fusion bug and wishlist

a few bug

I just have FA253 and found some bugs in the process of adjusting HFD.
1. In the LIVE UPDATE state, slowly increase the delay of the second channel with the mouse wheel. Above 1500us, the system "boom", then channel2 IS MUTE.
Use the wheel to adjust back to 1500US, the system "boom", and then sound comes back.
2, then use the keyboard to type in " 2300us"directly, enter. . . .
The three channels has huge soundat the same time "PA!PA!PA!PA!PA!PA....", I am running fast and cut off power, or my ears or treble will be burned!
3, LIVE update state, when press UPLOAD PRESET, the sound will be different, in other words, LIVE UPDATE is actually not LIVE.
There are currently two suggestions:
1. After the channel is set to the slave mode, the filter settings of the main channel are automatically synchronized, which can save a lot of adjustment time.
2, the user controls the Y axis zoom
3.when turn off the power ,mute first

I haven`t found any bug.

But please include the "3 Presets" into the Remote Control Code, so you can switch directly to the wanted Preset with a Harmony Remote Control, without StepUp/StepDown. And communicate the code, so it is possible to include it with a Logitech Harmony for example.

At the moment I can only select the DLCP (as a FusionAmp) in myHarmony and use the Function Buttons, but the switching doesn`t work the right way.

Thank you

For others of interest.

Fusion amp firmware releasenotes:
"
FusionAmp firmware v1.3 release notes. This firmware version need HFD v4.8 or higher. Please install HFD version v4.8 first, if not already done.

- Firmware improvements (v1.3):
- softclip detection DSP changed a bit
- Remote control issues:
- in standby powermode it sometimes was unable to start the FusionAmp
- front led sometimes stayed lit, while preset-led on plate was off
- Auto source detection:
- sometimes did not start in low-power mode and operating power mode
- was slow in detection new audio input
- Signal detection:
- RCA detector did not start the FusionAmp on low level input signal
- detection was not properly initialized when FusionAmp was switched on with mains powerswitch
- when used from low-power mode, unit did not always start
- Signal mute: when audio was muted with remote control, right after starting DSP, muting became
confused and was erratic
- FA502 vent control: when acting on volume-level, the ventilator was not controlled properly at
volume level -3dB
- FusionAmp now starts when USB is connected
- Gain correction: when maximum input level is aplied to XLR (6.15Vrms) or RCA (2.18Vrms) or SUB (50Vrms) or
digital (0dB), the DAC will drive the connected amplifier to its maximum power in 8Ohm load
- Softclip limiter did not function properly when high amplifications were used in the filters
- DAC filterettings are accessable
- Slave unit now starts a bit faster then a master unit. When powered at the same time, the master
now can communicate with slaves properly after applying mains to all units at the same time.

- Documentation is updated
- hole diameter was omitted
- top two mountingholes for 502/503 plates were displaced (7.5mm from edge)
"

HFD release notes:
"
Hypex Filter Design v4.8
This version works with FusionAmp firmware version 1.3, included in this bundle. Please update your FusionAmp to v1.3 (or higher), after installing

HFD v4.8 Improvements in HFD v4.8:
- Graphical filter design:
--- in editbox it was possible to enter a 0Hz frequency
--- in AsymShelf, zero and pole frequencies and Q-factors were swapped (zero was pole, pole was zero)
--- Live update option is removed
--- invert channel had no effect on filters with only unity biquads (or when no filter entered at all)
- Absolute SUBIN volume now only available when SUBIN board is detected
- Now possible to offline create filterdesigns for all types of FusionAmps
- Startup volume is changed from dropbox (with 10dB intervals) to fixed point number entry (0.1dB resolution)
- Powermode now only contains tw options: Low-Power (for use with DIGIN board), Standby mode (<=0.5W)
- preset volume offset did not change when pressing ENTER key, or when changing back to original value
- DAC filtersetting now accessable through HFD
- Only FusionAmp projects can be uploaded to a FusionAmp
- Volume is rounded to nearest whole dB
- Projects are now sorted on date changed, not on creation date
- HFD helpfile updated

"

I just upgraded HFD and FA123 FW. No problems during the upgrade and it went really quickly. After the FW upgrade the system was very quiet. First I panicked. Then a powered off the master and slave module for a couple of seconds via power switch. After that the volume is "normal" again. I think that the sound is now better, with more details but maybe it is only the first impression. We will se... :)

Updated four plates today. After about 5 min one of the tweeter amps in one of the FA123 stopped working. It was absolutely dead. No hiss at all in the tweeter. I was afraid the utdate had damaged it, but it turned out to be the only unglued cable from the power to the HF100. I unplugged/replugged it twice in both ends and the tweeter came back.:)

Also updated my FA123. No problems. I hear no difference, but i liked the sound before as well.
The auto "on/off" and "signal detection" is now working like a dream! It is actually really a great feature now.

HFD could still be improved though.
Every second time i minimize it i get an error message (will take a screenshot next time). Is there a reason the "open" function does not open a normal windows explore window?
Why does the frequency graph not go down to 0 Hz?

Can you create some more information on the effects of the various new filter settings (FIR slopes and "Sound quiality"??)

Is it possible to dim the green LED of the remote receiver? I can do soldering and so on if it requires exchanging a resistor.

Still loving my Fusion amp, just to make that clear!

Attachments

• 0.001Hz.png
    0.001Hz.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 586
For my FA123's this firmware upgrade resulted in a significant output level increase of the NC100HF relative to the output level of the NC122MP channels. The configuration files had to be modified to compensate for this.

The release notes of the v1.3 firmware mention:
- Gain correction: when maximum input level is aplied to XLR (6.15Vrms) or RCA (2.18Vrms) or SUB (50Vrms) or digital (0dB), the DAC will drive the connected amplifier to its maximum power in 8Ohm load

The output level increase will be different for other FAxx3 models, so you may want to check the frequency responses of your system after the upgrade with the v1.3 firmware.

In the case that you use a combination of FusionAmps with different output powers you may get similar issues after this firmware upgrade.

^Yep, with Fw 1.3 I noticed roughly 6dB increase in tweeter spl level, board FA123.
New gain settings helped to get 3dB more "sensitivity" because I used some of the added gain to heavier eq of the tweeter.

Update went easily for both units. I forgot to check if power management settings had changed with update.

Measurements in HFD

I’d very much like a start/stop frequency control on the measurement function in HFD.

When measuring tweeters, it would be really handy to be able to set the sweep to start at say 700Hz, to avoid blowing the driver.

A workaround is to add a highpass filter before measuring, but having a starting frequency setting would be a better option.

Johan-Kr