Hypex Fusion bug and wishlist

Attachments

• dacsettings.PNG
    dacsettings.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 825
I have three wishes for the software in the Fusion Amps.

I think it would be cool if i could set a max volume on the amp. So when using the remote to increase the volume i would have a limit of how high they would go.
So far hypex suggest using softclipping.. this is not really ideal i would say..

It would also be convinient if inputs could be dissabled. When cycling with the remote it would be cool if i would only have to cycle through the three inputs i actually use

It would also be really awesome if the amps could perform the bass increase that JRiver can do. When the volume is decreased below 80 ish dB the bas is relatively boosted to the rest of the audio band to compensate for the decreased sensitivity of the human ear to the LF band at low spl.

As mentioned by others display showing input and volume would be really cool!

Hi!

It would be nice if a much lower analogue signal would wake the amplifier from standby. I need to set my external DAC/preamp to around 0dB to trigger the amp. So it looks like the amp expect nearly a full line level signal, an attenuated signal is not enough.
If you want to use an external volume control device the wake up, then this function is a pain to use in this form.

Any chance to change this?

I posted this some time before (and will refrain from future spamming) but I think it's very important:

Global Input EQ

I am using an FA503 in a portable PA top with analog input, and without input EQ there is no easy way to apply a house curve to a flat "reference" filter setting.

Anyone else think this is a big deal?

Thanks again,
Tom

I'd like to see the global input eq as well. I like to tame the speaker in the output channels and tame the room and apply house curves in the input channels. Locking output channel adjustments but leaving the input channels adjustable by the system installer would help too.

Also when using the internal measuring capability the graphs are unwieldy. It should be possible to individually view each channel with and without eq and view the eq applied, then view a sum plot of selected channels. Phase/GD plots would be great too.

Also I hit the delay ceiling on a horn based system I designed recently and was not able to achieve time alignment.

The Fusion amps are a few small steps away from being an absolutely superb product.

Well done.

William Cowan

Last edited:
It would be also nice if hypex can implement something like a dynamic EQ at least for one or two parametric filters to adjust it's boost level depending on how much input signal the amps get or till the soft clipper sets in. So for example you can tune your CB loudspeaker really low and when you turn it up your dynamic eq kicks in and lower the boost.

I found a few bugs:

1. Doing measurements with only channel 3 enabled, the Hypex Filter Designer (HFD v4.71) sends the measurement signal to channel 1 instead of channel 3 (FUSIONAMP FA503, FW v1.1)

2. File/project info 'Last change' isn't updated when saving updates to a project. It seems HFD shows the creation date and time all the time.

3. 'Use the middle mouse button (or press the mouse-wheel) and draw a rectangular box around the part you want to show'... Very unintuitive to use the middle mouse button for that... please change it to use the left mouse button and Mac users running Windows in Parallels will also be happy... ;-)