Please help me find a cheap "chi-fi" amp for my TB 3" TABAQ TL speaker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sta350 boards are interesting but it looks like they have no configurable crossover? just treble and bass/sub vol/tone adjustments.

One listing has bad feedback
S***N
FR
Logistics: AliExpress Standard Shipping

this board don't work fine, lot of his("hiss" i think this person means) and distortion. Not the seller fault, but conception of the board seller very good, answer quickly to my answer.
30 May 2019 03:13
Lusya STA350 2.1 High Power Amplifier Board 25W*2+50W With coaxial fiber USB input Support 2.1 / 2.0 mode T0165-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

abraxalito Do you have one? Does it really have a configurable crossover freq and a silent noise floor? I would like to know :)

I'm fairly sure that's the same one I have. I don't know if the crossover freq is configurable, haven't tried that but I didn't have any noise/distortion problems with mine. Its limited by its power supply - to get the best subjective dynamics you need to add lots and lots of caps to the power rails. I didn't try it out in 2.1 mode mind - I don't much care for the way that's implemented with caps between the rails.

From looking at the DS STA350 supports different XO frequencies but the software's probably not in place to use them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.