CxD250-HP / SMPS320 Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CxD250-HP

Yes they are the items. There is also a schematic that I'll try to upload. There are 3 block connectors. There are also leads that have been made to fit the 3 connectors, 1 power, 1 AUX and 1 status. To connect a x320 SMPS to the X250HP AMP is just plug and play. See: CxD250-HP | Connex Electronic
smps320se
The power and the amp appear to run their POST, AMP green light + red light then red out and steady green. I have a 5.5Kh sin input and a 20Mh scope + speaker on the out. I cannot get the amp to produce any out. The sin generator produces a tone on the speaker.

To compilcate this the word Out appears on a single pin on the power input block I+,G,I-,G,Out. This is the pin I'm checking for output but it's awfully placed if it is as the block is for power input. The (3) status block has a I-,G-I+. I'm using this for my input. It's just a guess.

Sorry if this is so vague Murray.

Hi Murray,
I would also get irritated if it is not clear how the Amplifier board has to be connected.
I only have the photo (top side) of the CxD250 you link to so my information is limited. BUT, I have a photo of the CxD300 both top and rear side. Lets assume there is some similarity.
Would you have some cheap speakers you can use until we know it works well?
On the CxD300, the green connector is for power connections and speaker output. The amplifier is using a symmetrical supply voltage and for the CxD300 the indications are found on the rear side. Here, three of the terminals are marked with "V+", "GND" and "V-" (clearly power inputs). The last two terminals of the green connector (CxD300) is marked with "GND" and "out" (clearly speaker outputs).
You say you have "I+,G,I-,G,Out", is that for the green connector block?

Next, you have two white connector blocks with 5 and 8 pins respectively. Somewhere here we have to look for the input.

Murray, would it be possible for you to post a photo of the rear side of the CxD250 board so I can see some of the PCB tracks?

Last edited:
CxD250-HP

The pic's are the ones I'm using. Here is the Cx250 board but the schematic is not very clear : See insert.

Attachments

• 8241_CXD-250_1.jpg
    8241_CXD-250_1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 135
Fine. You have "V+", "GND", "V-" (power supply connections) and "GND", "Out" (speaker output connections).
Then input: You have "+In", "GND" and "-In". That must be the input terminals. Since there are three, it is likely to be a balanced input (two counter-phases and a ground. If you do not have a balanced signal from the source, try with your smart-phone (not connected to the charger / floating) using the "+In" and "-In" and low volume on the smart-phone.
Finally "Mute" and "Sleep": Assume they are connected on the board such that the amplifier is active by default. You may measure with a volt-meter to see if these two inputs are pulled high by the board. If so, you may try to pull them low (to ground) through 1K resistors.
Let's see if you can get some sound out of one amplifier.
Don't forget to check that the supply voltages are right when turned ON.

Last edited:
Just read the description of CxD250 on the Connex Electronics site:

"The current available suitable power supply for a single module is SMPS300RE +-54V version with aux. voltage of +-18V, or SMPS500RxE +-54V version set to +-56V with aux. voltage of +-18V for best performance, and the driver stage supply voltage should be provided, (on a future SMPS version, dedicated for this amplifier, will be included)......... Product manual will be available soon."

Thus, it seems the CxD250 uses separate power circuit supply (+/-54V) and low power supply (+/-18V). And, that no manual is ready yet (unacceptable for a unit with so many interface pins!).

Has the SMPS320 got +/-18V outputs? I only see three connection terminals.

I guess the +/-18V (aux. voltages) have to be connected to the "+Aux", "GND" and "-Aux" pins of the amplifier.

Sorry to hear about the smoke.

Last edited:
So did you buy new modules? if yes did they sound amazing?

Well there goes the second amp, didn't power down properly just pulled on the power cable. The amp will not turn on even with a error code. I'll write and buy another 2 amps and a power unit. Many thanks to every one for their time and effort to help me.
Murray.

So did you buy new modules? if yes did they sound amazing i.e. better than other connex module or lets say audiophile grade as claimed by connex.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.