Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

CxD250-HP / SMPS320 Help!
CxD250-HP / SMPS320 Help!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th July 2018, 07:48 AM   #11
mek1130 is offline mek1130
diyAudio Member

No CxD250HP documenatation at the board level, no.
Old 30th July 2018, 07:56 AM   #12
FauxFrench is offline FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

Just read the description of CxD250 on the Connex Electronics site:

"The current available suitable power supply for a single module is SMPS300RE +-54V version with aux. voltage of +-18V, or SMPS500RxE +-54V version set to +-56V with aux. voltage of +-18V for best performance, and the driver stage supply voltage should be provided, (on a future SMPS version, dedicated for this amplifier, will be included)......... Product manual will be available soon."

Thus, it seems the CxD250 uses separate power circuit supply (+/-54V) and low power supply (+/-18V). And, that no manual is ready yet (unacceptable for a unit with so many interface pins!).

Has the SMPS320 got +/-18V outputs? I only see three connection terminals.

I guess the +/-18V (aux. voltages) have to be connected to the "+Aux", "GND" and "-Aux" pins of the amplifier.

Sorry to hear about the smoke.

Last edited by FauxFrench; 30th July 2018 at 08:06 AM.
Old 30th July 2018, 08:14 AM   #13
FauxFrench is offline FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

"All the products purchased directly from Connexelectronic.com are shipped from China directly with Registered Airmail or from Hong Kong with DHL or EMS upon case if fast shipping is required."

Connex Electronic seems to be an Asian operation.
Old 30th July 2018, 12:51 PM   #14
mek1130 is offline mek1130
diyAudio Member

Well there goes the second amp, didn't power down properly just pulled on the power cable. The amp will not turn on even with a error code. I'll write and buy another 2 amps and a power unit. Many thanks to every one for their time and effort to help me.
Murray.
Old 14th August 2019, 05:11 AM   #15
tushark9 is offline tushark9
diyAudio Member

Default So did you buy new modules? if yes did they sound amazing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mek1130 View Post
Well there goes the second amp, didn't power down properly just pulled on the power cable. The amp will not turn on even with a error code. I'll write and buy another 2 amps and a power unit. Many thanks to every one for their time and effort to help me.
Murray.
So did you buy new modules? if yes did they sound amazing i.e. better than other connex module or lets say audiophile grade as claimed by connex.

CxD250-HP / SMPS320 Help!Hide this!Advertise here!