Mod to Aoshike TPA3116D2 Subwoofer Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m a hair on the circuit dumb side.. I ordered 2 of these boards off Amazon to power speakers in a fire station feeding off a scanner. I have since learned that these have a low pass filter on them. I found (stumbled upon) some information that simply removing the 2 orange capacitors from the board removed the low pass filter. Can someone please confirm this for me? I have searched the net ALL DAY and not been able to find anything else on this. Anything else need to be done?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The same thread mention that the frequency was probably still limited to 22 kHz... Is there a way to change this?

Any help would be appreciated.

I just noticed it's mentioned on amazon on the product page. Two orange caps needs to be removed, plus another one on the other side of the pre-amp chip, on my board it's a component number 103:

9aee83cf-9ebe-4a62-906f-3ca99faa695a._CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300__.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.