Total noob - want to build (assemble) 6-channel amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So what would I want to use to "turn down" the amp power? I have way too much available power for the application that I'm starting with. (although it will be excellent for future projects)

Is there a good way to limit power output, without degrading performance?

I don't want someone to damage my speakers, if they aren't familiar with the equipment. I need to put it in "valet" mode, so to speak...

From the amp module to the speaker terminals? Or just from the inputs to the module?

If he means IDE/ATA cable, I would use it only for input wires. For outputs something thicker.

Would that affect sound in any way? Introduce any kind of unwanted noise or interference?

Don't have the answer yet, my project is unfinished because of broken solder iron :(

But I think the potentiometer isn't directly connected to any of the inputs or outputs, so it probably is noise-free.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.