Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Tiny TAS5558 +TAS5624 "Power_DAC"+SMPS
Tiny TAS5558 +TAS5624 "Power_DAC"+SMPS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th April 2018, 01:00 PM   #21
IVX is offline IVX  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

Hi there, I keep working on firmware so far, next step is IOS/Android apps. However, I can't stop thinking about the amp modification for tas5558+TAS5342LA(is there any other open-loop candidate?) with custom noise shaper. It looks quite easy in a simulation, at least for THD<.01% over audio band (equal for 100/1000/6000Hz). I don't know, maybe 15 years ago mr. J. Westlake spent a lot of efforts to get .00000% with ti/sony modulator + custom noise shaper + custom power stage but today get <.01% with tas5558+TAS5342LA looks easy, if not say trivial Let's try, only the size is an issue, I really wish to keep the same tiny format and 2x100W to get real Hi-Fi amp..
Old 6th April 2018, 08:54 AM   #22
AleksandrsB is offline AleksandrsB
diyAudio Member

== +TAS5342LA(is there any other open-loop candidate? ===
- Is it, for Your opinion PWM open-loop give the better sound, comparing to close-loop products???
What is Your impressions about "Old good" Apogee/ STA326 DDX ???
Thanks!
Old 6th April 2018, 01:26 PM   #23
irs20957 is offline irs20957  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVX View Post
with custom noise shaper
noise shaper=integrator?
Old 6th April 2018, 04:20 PM   #24
spoiledsport is offline spoiledsport
diyAudio Member

This looks real good. Small and well laid out. Are you planning on selling thing?
Old 7th April 2018, 03:08 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

I never sold anything before, only entire designs. However, selling today getting so easy so probably I'll try order couple thousand units and establish a taobao shop for it. I had the discussion, couple weeks ago, with some marketing people from CA regarding that tiny and uncompromised Hi-Fi amp, they don't believe for any success of such form factor and refers to their experience of work with the North American market. Ok, but I personally also don't believe if the fact of 30 years of a passive observing of the audio market helps anyone to predict new trends on it. Especially if you were always secondary and only improves your ability to follow the market wants and makes products cheaper and cheaper. Such kind of people never finds something new, like S.J. found iPhone 2007, simply because "market" didn't know about the iPhone in 2006. For example, those marketing people recommend me to use that amp for a wireless active speakers "because of it's what market wants - wireless world!" )) Hell, I'm not a market member obviously, I don't need active wireless junk again, probably because I don't laugh at the same joke 10 years. And "wireless active speaker" today is a wired system yet! Usually, it is two speaker box, one is active second is passive and wire between + AC power wire. So whom we try to deceive? )) I believe, people buy something new, even if it's not really useful - the idea should contain novelty. For instance, why Apple Inc. makes power bricks for their laptops 50% smaller size than HP? Because HP's power bricks practically are too big? Nope, Apple just can make it smaller and do that because it has a sign of future, it looks more sexy, automatically, without extra advertising spent.
Old 7th April 2018, 03:15 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

a noise shaper is the same thing as a loop-filter or an extra-integrator(as Bruno P. call it). BTW, further simulations confirm that the idea of partial feedback after LC filter is quite real too. It's doesn't help a lot regarding THD, but makes +/-.5db frequency response in the range of loads 4..8ohm.
Old 7th April 2018, 03:18 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

an open-loop power stage interesting for me only with custom noise shaper. I never tried Apogee/ STA326 DDX yet.
Old 7th April 2018, 03:44 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Last night I've lost all hopes regarding routing options of the tas5558, and I decides to go with default DSP chain: 7 pEQ/ch, Shelving, Loudness, Compressor/Limiter. Sorry.
Currently thinking about 7 pEQ GUI. Sure it will look the same like iWoofer: YouTube
However, need to prepare logic for dynamic biquads alocation. I think a good idea to use one more position for LPF/HPF order switching logic, you can see that in the video above 0:07-0:09. The vertical slide changing LPF's order, and minimal order will mean the LPF is Off, the same time few additional free pEQ well appeared instead of the LPF. Tyoma (the coder) likes another approach, he want's to add in Options page editable 7 biquads configurator, something similar to SigmaStudio GUI. Any opinions on it, guys?
Old 13th April 2018, 07:57 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

It seems the new PCB layout is ready Now it's an open/closed loop switchable version, 4 layer PCB 130x100mm. Yep, even smaller than the older one but not so cheap yet.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2018-04-13_14-38-00.png (497.0 KB, 354 views)
Old 13th April 2018, 10:34 AM   #30
doctormord is offline doctormord  Germany
diyAudio Member

I'm impressed by the new design. Would you like to share some specs of the LLC operation points and transformer winding construction?

Tiny TAS5558 +TAS5624 &quot;Power_DAC&quot;+SMPSHide this!Advertise here!