TAS5630PHD without 15V Switcher circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am designing a TAS5630PHD / SMPS board and would like to take out the 15V switcher circuit. The only part of the TI EVAL circuit that really uses the 15V is the "3 Speed FAN Control & Temp Indicator." I would like to use 12V of an aux off the SMPS for the Temp Indicator instead and use a 9V fan. I'm not actually using a fan, but need the temp indicators to work right. This would allow me to remove the 15v switcher circuit and the 12v lin regulator circuit. Do I need to do anything different to the "3 Speed FAN Control & Temp Indicator" other than power from the 12V aux?

Last edited:
This is the original circuit

TAS5630 3Speed FAN and Temp Indicator.jpg

Khron, you are right the 15v supplies the 12v linear regulator in the EVAL, and I have already seen that, but as I said, I would like to use the 12v auxiliary from my power supply. This way I would not need the 12v regulator circuit. The SMPS would also supply the 12v for the op amps and the gate driving circuitry. The only thing I am worried about is the Temperature Indicator circuit working right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.