TPA3250 somebody is listening?

thank you Voltwide
..but i guess without external sound card and e.g. ARTA its not possible without damaging the amp(output filter)

what is the disadvantage of measuring with sound card (24/192khz) and software(ARTA) vs Spectrum analyzer e.g. rigol DS705 except the price???
with sepctrum analyser i can do some video measurements or digital too....

The Rigol is 100kHz - 500MHz, way out of interesting frequency range.

External soundcard + Arta is very versatile. We (at stromrichter.org, i.e. voltwide, me and others) use cheap "EMu Tracker Pre" boxes to do the measurements. These can be modded for differential output easily and can measure fully differential with an external attentuator. You'll find these boxes for about 25€ at eBay (Kleinanzeigen)

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
what is the disadvantage of measuring with sound card (24/192khz) and software(ARTA) vs Spectrum analyzer e.g. rigol DS705 except the price???
with sepctrum analyser i can do some video measurements or digital too....
The disadvantage is you are restricted to audio band measurements.
The disadvantage of Rigol FFT is its poor resolution of 8bit being the bottleneck for usable dynamic range of FFT, for instance.
Bandwidth of Rigol is 100MHz - thus increasing input noise into the mV range whereas the soundcard can resolve several microVolts.
As long as you are measuring audio it is hard to top a soundcard setup.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
thank you Voltwide
..but i guess without external sound card and e.g. ARTA its not possible without damaging the amp(output filter)
You can measure with any arbitrary sound source as long as output ringing is kept within sane levels.
And if you increase output level above that limit, the inherent current limiter should shut down the amp.

The only scenario known to me that will destroy the amp is excessive ringing with output inductors saturating. In that case output current may rise too fast before the internal current limit trips. El cheapo small inductors increase that risk.That is why TI specify a minimum output inductance in their data sheets. To be on the safe side, saturating current of the inductors should be bigger than max overcurrent trip value of the amp.

You can measure with any arbitrary sound source as long as output ringing is kept within sane levels.
And if you increase output level above that limit, the inherent current limiter should shut down the amp.

The only scenario known to me that will destroy the amp is excessive ringing with output inductors saturating. In that case output current may rise too fast before the internal current limit trips. El cheapo small inductors increase that risk.That is why TI specify a minimum output inductance in their data sheets. To be on the safe side, saturating current of the inductors should be bigger than max overcurrent trip value of the amp.

Thank you! i understand...
TI DS = minimun inductance is 5µH

The disadvantage is you are restricted to audio band measurements.
The disadvantage of Rigol FFT is its poor resolution of 8bit being the bottleneck for usable dynamic range of FFT, for instance.
Bandwidth of Rigol is 100MHz - thus increasing input noise into the mV range whereas the soundcard can resolve several microVolts.
As long as you are measuring audio it is hard to top a soundcard setup.

The Rigol is 100kHz - 500MHz, way out of interesting frequency range.

External soundcard + Arta is very versatile. We (at stromrichter.org, i.e. voltwide, me and others) use cheap "EMu Tracker Pre" boxes to do the measurements. These can be modded for differential output easily and can measure fully differential with an external attentuator. You'll find these boxes for about 25€ at eBay (Kleinanzeigen)

Thank you both:)....it was an idea to share the "future" equipment with my brother....but as i can read....its for audio (video....) nonsense ;):D
At stromrichter i found no pic or diagram what is exactly needed....but THD measuremnt is actually in my pipe but i have too much to do.......to close some projects :D

24V PSu for FX502spro

Good evening

After a moment where my son came in and go near to the naked psu (LRS-150-24) and asking 1 meter before he is touching it.....:eek:
....i decided to build quickly a closed psu:)

the only thing i realized now is that the power button is wrong connected because the lamp on it is always on....:rolleyes::D

chris

Attachments

• psu_24V_1.jpg
    psu_24V_1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 397
  • psu_24V_2.jpg
    psu_24V_2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 406
  • psu_24V_3.jpg
    psu_24V_3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 396
  • psu_24V_4.jpg