TPA3250 somebody is listening?

I was just saying that perhaps the regulators on the FX502 are optimised to work with a PSU with 24v voltage. Feeding it with higher voltages might make the regulators work harder/become hotter than originally intended. I would consider changing to a bigger box or increase airflow to cool things off, but maybe I am just being overly cautious.

That being said: I still really like these cute little amps. They give a lot of bang for the buck.

I was just saying that perhaps the regulators on the FX502 are optimised to work with a PSU with 24v voltage. Feeding it with higher voltages might make the regulators work harder/become hotter than originally intended. I would consider changing to a bigger box or increase airflow to cool things off, but maybe I am just being overly cautious.

That being said: I still really like these cute little amps. They give a lot of bang for the buck.

thanks...and sorry for that joke one post before

actually i have to wait for mine...the delivery is on the way back :mad: because our costoms duty is so lazy...:mad::mad: i contact the seller and i hopfully can avoid sending back the amp

I have not taken any offense, no need to apologize. We are all different, I just filed it under "personal differences" and "humor".

Hope things will work out in regards of customs and shipping. How did that happen? Something like: "oh this has been here for too long, we'd better send it back." ?

thanks;)

yes...yes... :confused: i see at aliexpress that the package is since 3.3. here in austrian postal ! ...but...on the weekend i saw that the delivery is back to seller..:mad:....the seller got i message ...the seller confirm to delivery it once again....i will see...

i found in a different thread an idea for modding the opamp ...AD8599 op amp
....--> list updated :D

Attachments

• TPA3250_Fxaudiopro_todo.pdf
    58.6 KB · Views: 143
doctormod,
maybe ticker your brain, on what may result a little heat at the aircoils when inputs even have no signal (ie. shorted RCA input)?

Regarding shielding of aircoils, will it work if put an aluminium foil round it, do i need to ground the foil as well?

Changing them for something shielded with flat wire -- not sure how this is like, any picture to illustrate?

Finding it very tempting to get one.
Any one got one from aliexpress? any quality differences?
£50 inc postage or £45! in 9days time on a mass aliexpress sale day.
Feixiang FX AUDIO FX502SPRO HIFI Audio Digital High Power Amplifier Home Mini Professional Amp TPA3250+NE5532 24V 4A 2 Colors-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

another seller:
2017 FX Audio New FX 502SPRO HiFi 2.0 Desk Full Digital Audio Amplifier Adopting TPA3250 High Power 70W*2 DC24V/4A Power Supply-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

ebay tends to be more expensive than aliexpress sometimes ebays cheaper, depends on the item. I guess ebay has a higher fee, so higher prices.
hmm...
twitching....

Out of possible stupidity I ask: If you put aluminum foil around an air-coil, do you then create a poorly coupled secondary winding (partly shorted) that affects (lowers) the inductance of the air-coil?

I tried the experiment, not with Al foil (don't have any to hand) but with an extruded Al case surrounding the coil, with walls between 1 and 2mm thick. Yes my air-cored inductor exhibited a considerably reduced inductance (~30% down) and increased resistive losses.

Audio caps vs SMPs caps

Hi

as i am a noob i can ask somehting strange :D

Yesterday i got my ESR/LCR Meter (Peak tec 2170) and i am playing around. finally i choose to start a comparison between audio cap and an SMPS cap. both caps are new and they were not in a circuit.

Which is best? Sounding ? Is it possible according to this datas to see a "sounding"??

Any comments

Attachments

• Caps compare audio vs SMPS.pdf
    48.9 KB · Views: 138
Hi Forestgump

the finger test methode is in my case always strange with my fingers because if i touch I feel really hot - the measurement tool shows about 48 degree C.
if I study some videos from Dave EEblog :D i learnt that the regulators should not have more then about 50°C for longer life (noise...?) . please use a infrared tool.

coil temperature? why? = no load ? => attention not ok for Class D !

cu
chris
~ re-adjusted "finger sensing calibration" to 48°C :D
(dint have infrared tool)

i think when i felt the heat ~ Heatly but not burning hot.

In fact even at DC supply 24V, regulator & Aircoils are mildly warm & then in relationship - attached 2W 6.8ohms resistor to the Spkr output, no warmth on felt on Rs.

Any FX502spro out there, chk out & share findings?

Till then: will adopt "hear only the good news" :D

Lars Clausen just commented on Class-D Amp LC-Filter: Coil heating, so does it mean I shld just "hear only the good news", yah?!? :D