TPA3250 somebody is listening?

yep..everything is fine. dont change the PSU
Means? Not to use 32V PSU?

6dEAlOS.png

are you mentioning 10 uF for this Cap?

Thanks

Chris,
I checked the Voltages, using Digital Multimeter. (No changes made, still factory setup)

R41=300 ohms [3000] Measures 297ohms in DMM
R40=4K3 Ohms [4301] Measures 3.04Kohms in DMM (??)

IN=23.7/23.6V
adj =17.88V
OUT =19.13V

Hi saran

Voltage looks fine.
please remember that measuring a resistor with DMM in a circuit can be nonsense!;) to measure correct look at the value or open /desolder on side and measure the resistor- here with SMD not possible.

important is that the voltage is ok.
chris

Chris,
Can I use 32V 5A PSU? no problem?

Hi saran

As far as i remember guys have no problem using psu with 30V-32V or with 28V.
the LM317 have to waste this extra voltage in heat so this could be problem.

with psu of 28V- 32V you will get more power but i personally think with this construction of the amp (closed housing and small heat sink) and our modification done here its "useless" to push more then 10-30W continuously out of it.

chris

Hi saran

As far as i remember guys have no problem using psu with 30V-32V or with 28V.
the LM317 have to waste this extra voltage in heat so this could be problem.

with psu of 28V- 32V you will get more power but i personally think with this construction of the amp (closed housing and small heat sink) and our modification done here its "useless" to push more then 10-30W continuously out of it.

chris

Noted. Thanks.
I have plan to add the copper heat-sink at the bottom. waiting for copper strip to come.
Later will do..

NOOB question.

for burn-in (break in), amp need to be continuously ON/Playing?

at your 3rd pic you see in the circle the pins of programming the µC (micro controller chip) beside. dont ask me why this amp need some (mybe the mute setting during power up/down). and i remember that forestsgump has trouble with pop off noise. no idea how to set up this µC.
chris

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Noted. Thanks.
I have plan to add the copper heat-sink at the bottom. waiting for copper strip to come.
Later will do..

NOOB question.

for burn-in (break in), amp need to be continuously ON/Playing?

:rolleyes:

hmm.. "burn in"

often discussed and electrical not easy to explain. normally the components laying around and are stored very long time (years) and then it get soldered into your amp. so let the amp running during listening 2-4 hours and then switch it off. after a week or so everything should be fine.
chris

hmm.. "burn in"

often discussed and electrical not easy to explain. normally the components laying around and are stored very long time (years) and then it get soldered into your amp. so let the amp running during listening 2-4 hours and then switch it off. after a week or so everything should be fine.
chris
it is just another myth of the audiophools, not more, not less:p

another bucks bunny in Audio :rolleyes::p:rolleyes:

you should think about the Chinese caps. in this amp
Well if you consider al cheapo boards from Ali Baba populated with fake parts a burn in may help ending in an early end-of-life. Personnally I do not get where the fun is in buying this crap and doing the quality control as DIY. I am just an old-school German engineer who focuses on quality and reliability.

Well if you consider al cheapo boards from Ali Baba populated with fake parts a burn in may help ending in an early end-of-life. Personnally I do not get where the fun is in buying this crap and doing the quality control as DIY. I am just an old-school German engineer who focuses on quality and reliability.

you are right. quality is not on the first position at this boards- but for starting/learning i find they are not bad...

In my amp, seems Left & Right channels are reversed.
I double checked the wiring connection.
Mobile to RCA- Correct
Speaker terminals - Correct.

checked same track with headphone & amp, different channels.
How to Check if your Speakers are Wired Correctly | Richard Farrar

Left and Right tracks from this link also reversed (Left plays in Right & Right plays in Left)

anybody else experiencing this? Please confirm

Thanks for the quick reply Kjeldsen, while searching for tpa3250/51, saw that too.
Pros:
1. Inbuilt power supply
2. Direct from 3E (not sure authentic store, started jan 4 2020 only)
3. Top quality components used.

Cons:

1. dont have option of swapping op amps, almost everything fixed (no toying/diy improvement options)

2. not a big fan of led in volume control
3. not interested in BT etc.
4. with shipping to SG, comes close to 95uS$. (almost 85% extra cost).

Actually as i am new to this and this thread is left untouched for 6 months, tot something else arrived as more VFM and SQ improvement over this. that's why checked.

Just received my 3e-Audio TPA3250 amplifier with Bluetooth as suggested by another person on here. 14 days to deliver to the UK from China.

Very Very pleased with this amplifier. The fact it includes the internal power supply is a major step forward from other similar Chinese TPA3251 and TPA3255 amplifiers - I have both the Aiyima 04 TPA3251 and Aiyima A07 TPA3255 amplifiers and they are both good.

Actually prefer the TPA3251 as the lower operating voltages allow bigger Caps in the Power supply - three times the capacity.

Only started to play with this new model today so time will tell but early impressions are very positive. It is absolutely silent, whereas all the other amps I have tend to emit a small amount of noise with no signal. The Bluetooth module does not appear to affect the main amplifier - No noise from this source. The design seems solid - No Power On clicks !

Very nice not to have external brick of a power supply and only slightly larger - In fact I prefer its size to the many Micro Amps that come out of China.

Last edited:
This could be another option
#Aliexpress US $79.99 | TPA3250 TPA3255 Bluetooth 5.0 with DSP Processing Integrated Power Supply All in One HiFi Amplifier
TPA3250 TPA3255 Bluetooth 5.0 with DSP Processing Integrated Power Supply All in One HiFi Amplifier|Amplifier| - AliExpress

Just received one of these today - Very impressive. Nicely built and sounds good out of the Box.

Have attached some photos and comparison with Aiyima A04 TPA3251 amplifier.

I think the integrated amplifier from 3e-Audio will be much easier to live with as no external Power Supply brick to find space for !!!

Attachments

• B1F56954-3A74-4156-8BAB-E3EADDCB1779.jpg
    B1F56954-3A74-4156-8BAB-E3EADDCB1779.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 326
  • 24563660-EFFC-420F-A407-B7BE2A286DA9.jpg
    24563660-EFFC-420F-A407-B7BE2A286DA9.jpg
    810.8 KB · Views: 338
  • CC4E367B-ADA7-4476-863B-8C6689AA3ABF.jpg
    CC4E367B-ADA7-4476-863B-8C6689AA3ABF.jpg
    807.6 KB · Views: 334