Silicon chip magazine class d power amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello

I have the full kit kicking around my workshop, so decided to make the amplifier before I start losing some of the parts

the PCB'S are nicely made, good quality components .. so decided to make a couple of monoblock test beds .. just to evaluate the sound quality, plus I already had the kits so would be a stock budget build.

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
so ... just a few pics before the build

Attachments

• IMG_0407[1].jpg
    IMG_0407[1].jpg
    831.5 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_0408[1].jpg
    IMG_0408[1].jpg
    902.3 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0409[1].jpg
    IMG_0409[1].jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 272
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
ok .. so tonight I made one of the protection modules .. the only thing that I changed was that I used small terminal blocks instead of the push connection fittings for the signal connections that would make the trip in a fault condition
Pictures of the fully built protection module

I have made several projects featured in Everyday PE and Elektor and have been surprised at the eventual cost. I suppose it is the blessing/curse of ebay where built up boards and those in nice enclosures can be a fraction of the cost. It is sometimes though a case of you get what you pay for. Will be interested to hear what you think of them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.