TPA3116D2 drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Firstly I hope that this is the right place to post these questions. Secondly apologies for what I feel will be a lengthy post.

I bought a cheap TPA3116D2 50W*2+100W 2.1amp with the idea to use it in my car. I am powering it with a 5v 2.4a power bank. It's only a little classic car that has no sound system at all. I realise I'm not going to get much power with this setup, but I'm just looking for somethings that I can integrate into the car and sounds a little better than my current little bluetooth speaker.I'm not looking to spend vast amounts of money on this

I tried out the system hooked up to my friends little 25w 6ohm speaker and it worked great for what I want. My question is what speakers and subwoofer should i get? or do I even need a subwoofer with such little power?
tl;dr: Basically I'm confused and looking for recommendations for some simple low cost 2.1 speaker setup that's low cost and sounds ok.

I have a few options:

- Buy some 2.1 computer speakers and convert them to use with my amp. I have found a few ones for around £50 that have ~80w rms. which I think is fine for my needs.

And this is where I get confused: My other option is buy some car speakers or some diy hifi speakers and build a little enclosure for them. That way I can spec them for my car.

I found these little drok 15w speakers. Which I was planning to match with this sub.

Then I found some car speakers such as these and it got me wondering do I need a dedicated subwoofer if the sub starts at 65hz and these start at 40hz?

Basically I'm confused and looking for recommendations for some simple low cost speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.