New project for Hypex UcD700-AD boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Guys,

I have pair of Hypex UcD700-AD boards bought several years ago and still kept in my shelf. I am thinking kicking of a project on them. My question is:

1. With a listening area of around 15 sq meter and using horn speaker with 4" Fostex full range driver (90dB/W), will the use of these boards in my amp be an overkill and wasting of power.

2. I have one Noratel 40V+40V 625VA transformer and 6 pcs of Rifa 10000uF 63V cap in hand, will this be suitable for that. (I know the output voltage may not be sufficient and wondering if the UcD700-AD board can be operated in a lower voltage)

3. If either the transformer or the UcD700 in hand do not match my situation, I will consider selling the UcD700 and buy a more suitable pcb for your new project. Would anyone suggest alternative D-amp board that will suitable for me. (e.g. icepower or other board from Hypex,) I have try Truepath before and would like to experience the others.

Thanks in advance

Claude

Attachments

• 20171029_160051_resized.jpg
    20171029_160051_resized.jpg
    772.7 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.