Help reg tpa3116 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help reg tpa3116 board issue

Hi ,
I am trying to start break-in process for alpair 7p till I complete it's enclosure, as in the attachment. I am using tpa3116 based board powered by dell laptop Power supply and source is from mobile. I am facing below problems:

1. When not connecting the source and only running the board with power supply and speakers, the power supply is stable . But as soon as I am connecting the mobile input to it the power supply is getting off. If I am switching off and on the mains it's coming up and again going off in a moment.

2. When switching on or off the power supply, the speaker is making sudden "dub" sound with cone moving up- down .

I have checked for any shorts in the connections on the board, at the input , output, power supply inputs on the boards.. all look ok.. no shorts..
but on checking the resistance across the power supply inputs on the board using mulitmeter, it showed around 572 ohms and when reversed the polarity of the multimeter leads it showed open circuit. I think it was showing because a capacitor was connected across Vcc and GND..
Is it expected for a capacitor to show some hundreds of ohms resistance and again show open circuit when measured by reversing the multimeter leads?

Please suggest what could be the problem and how we may resolve it.

Attachments

• IMG_20171015_143911.jpg
    IMG_20171015_143911.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20171015_144022.jpg
    IMG_20171015_144022.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
This sounds like an automatic shutdown sequence due to a shorted output or a cold solder joint on the bootstrap cap. Use continuity checker to make sure connection from bootstrap pin goes to bootstrap cap. You need to remove heatsink to expose pins. Check ohms between output connection leading to speakers.

Use solder iron to retouch all joints at bootstrap caps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.