Kool Mu core chokes for the class D output chokes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are the plots for losses vs frequency from Ferroxcube. You'll be operating between 300 and 500kHz typically for classD audio. I'm seeing around 6W/cc @0.1T.

Attachments

• sendust.jpg
    sendust.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
I am happy with sendust based chokes for Arnold. They are extremely easy to use and will run cool-ish at up to 400kHz or more.

Mine is off-the-shelf rated 33uH at 8A and I believe is based on MS-080075.

That's good for, say 200W. For 1000W I'd look at MS-106075 (minimum) or preferably MS-130060.

Very accaptable EMI and HF behaviour.

High idiot proofness factor as permeability drops very gradually with DC bias, so the amp may be fine even with the lousiest short-circuit protection there is. This may not hold true for rapidly saturating ferrite cores.
The drawback is not so perfect linearity, unless you take care of it elsewhere (modulator, feedback etc.)

I am happy with sendust based chokes for Arnold. They are extremely easy to use and will run cool-ish at up to 400kHz or more.

Mine is off-the-shelf rated 33uH at 8A and I believe is based on MS-080075.

That's good for, say 200W. For 1000W I'd look at MS-106075 (minimum) or preferably MS-130060.

Very accaptable EMI and HF behaviour.

High idiot proofness factor as permeability drops very gradually with DC bias, so the amp may be fine even with the lousiest short-circuit protection there is. This may not hold true for rapidly saturating ferrite cores.
The drawback is not so perfect linearity, unless you take care of it elsewhere (modulator, feedback etc.)
so KoolMu should be a good choice then?
Which core to be chosen for 1000W in 4ohm usage. If you can suggest from the below link it will be very helpful.
Magnetics - Kool Mu Cores

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.