Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

New Breeeze Audio TPA3116 2.0 100W dual chip
New Breeeze Audio TPA3116 2.0 100W dual chip
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2019, 03:22 PM   #31
chermann is offline chermann  Austria
diyAudio Member

Default change input caps....

Hi

if you wan to change the 2,2F/50V bipolar input caps for both TPA chips please look at the pic....yellow marked circle. 2 caps for the left chip and 2 caps for the right chip.

question:
the blue circle are the caps for the plimit-GVDD and GND. they are original bipolar caps 2,2F/50V
at the datasheet its written:
Internally generated gate voltage supply. Not to be used as a supply or connected to any component other than a 1 μF X7R ceramic decoupling capacitor and the PLIMIT and GAIN/SLV resistor dividers.

so electrolytic is nonsense here?

chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TPA3116 dualchip inside_input caps for tpa3116.jpg (596.5 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by chermann; 20th May 2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 21st May 2019, 12:21 AM   #32
ICG is offline ICG  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chermann View Post
hi ICG

i thought that the frequency is set by the AM0, AM1, AM2 pins (pin13,14,15), not?
That's the base oscillation frequency. The modulation actually diverts from that frequency, the IC decides what frequency/modulation is actually used.

Quote:
pic 1 noise at Rchannel- input shorted
pic 2 noise at the Lchannel- input shorted

why are these measurements so different??
That's because the modulation and its frequency is chosen upon the signal and power/frequency spread and does, in fact, change to provide the highest efficiency and to distribute the losses. That's the effect of the changed modulation. You can still see it cycles at the same time (around ~1,15 periods) because of the takt frequency. The IC probably 'decides' upon the actual load and voltage drop. It should be more uniform if you connect a constant impedance (i.e. 8 or 4 Ohm resistor) and/or use it in PBTL or slave mode. What impedance did you connect to the output?
Old 21st May 2019, 08:22 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICG View Post
That's the base oscillation frequency. The modulation actually diverts from that frequency, the IC decides what frequency/modulation is actually used.

That's because the modulation and its frequency is chosen upon the signal and power/frequency spread and does, in fact, change to provide the highest efficiency and to distribute the losses. That's the effect of the changed modulation. You can still see it cycles at the same time (around ~1,15 periods) because of the takt frequency. The IC probably 'decides' upon the actual load and voltage drop. It should be more uniform if you connect a constant impedance (i.e. 8 or 4 Ohm resistor) and/or use it in PBTL or slave mode. What impedance did you connect to the output?

thanks icg for that "complete" information. i am not finished to study the datasheet of the TPA3116. so i dont realize that the chip "choose" its frequency.

i made a miss measurement because it was without load...actually its a mess on my workbench
re -measurment will be done...

chris
Old 21st May 2019, 10:54 AM   #34
TylerDurden is offline TylerDurden  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
Today I got the breeze audio , as @horst303 said It's completely silent
I am still examing the amplifier so far I am satisified
looks like a good amplifier , here is a video of it that I uploaded today to youtube
YouTube
Hi there, can you tell me what size the power supply plug is for this amp? Is it 5.5mm x 2.1mm?
Old 21st May 2019, 11:38 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Hi there, can you tell me what size the power supply plug is for this amp? Is it 5.5mm x 2.1mm?

yes i can confirm this dimensions (5,5mm x 2,2 is my plug)
chris
Old 21st May 2019, 11:40 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi

if you wan to change the 2,2F/50V bipolar input caps for both TPA chips please look at the pic....yellow marked circle. 2 caps for the left chip and 2 caps for the right chip.

chris

Hi
just to complete my findings...

here is a pic from this caps...what company is that...what about the quality...i dont know this label

thx chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TPA3116 dualchip input caps 2,2F.jpg (82.5 KB, 15 views)

New Breeeze Audio TPA3116 2.0 100W dual chipHide this!Advertise here!