Input transformer for Pascal S PRO2

Hi Veeren,
thanks for your Information, sounds interresting.
I use a DAC and go directly with the signal to the inputs Pin 1/2 Ch1 + 4/5 Ch2. (Stereo).
For Mono Bridged:
I have two OP Amp's Sparkos 3601 single lying around. If I understand it correctly I need 2 pieces per channel, first S-Pro2 module 1 * op amp for Ch1 normal and 1 * op amp for Ch1 inverted (phase reverse) ... The same then for the second S-Pro2 module for Ch2.
Can I use the Sparkos 3601 for this?
Enclosed the pin assignment of the op amps. How can I connect the signal CH1 to both to get the desired result?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 3601 Sparkos.jpg
    3601 Sparkos.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 190
Thanks again for the open info.
unfortunately i don't know of any solution that would be buyable for end customers.
Accuton DSP is certainly good, but too much for me, the same with AllDSP which is not available for end customers either.
I don't actually need a DSP, just a simple solution.

Thanks anyway

Hi all,

Now that I have more information on the S-Pro2 it seems that the input impedance is not
2.2k Ohm but 47k Ohm with 2.2k Ohm in series, see schematic attached.
The schem. also reminds me to check weather the IMG Stage Line STA1000D has its channel 2 input and output reversed...

Yes Subtonal the input of the module is unbalanced.

In that schematic S-pro2 module has a typical inverter opamp and input impedance is 2.2k. The 47K resistor to GND doesn't make sense there unless they use noninverted opamp which has high impedance

Pascal S-PRO2

Ho bypassato tutta l'elettronica del modulo di ingresso STA 1000D, non è difficile da fare basta rimuovere 4 resistenze e 2 tappi di accoppiamento.
Attenzione però, in questo modo nessun CC dovrebbe essere presente dalla sorgente a meno che non si lasci il tappo di accoppiamento dell'uscita della scheda di ingresso in posizione.
Ciao Veeren,
hai scritto: "Ho bypassato tutta l'elettronica del modulo di ingresso STA 1000D, non difficile da fare basta rimuovere 4 resistenze e 2 tappi di accoppiamento." Puoi spiegare cosa succede con questo e la posizione dei resistori e dei tappi sull'ingresso?

Pascal S-PRO2

Don't be to disheartened about this module, I am driving it now from a ALIENTEK D8 headphone output with good results so far.
I bypassed all the electronics of the STA 1000D input module, not difficult to do just remove 4 resistors and 2 coupling caps.
Careful though,by doing this no DC should be present from your source unless you leave the input board`s output coupling cap in place.
Be very patient, this module requires 500 to 1000 hours to burn in:headbash:
Please read about it on this forum thread:
Class D = Trash? | Audiogon Discussion Forum
You will loose warranty by doing this unless it is done reversible;) and invisible
when the need for repair arises...
I am not taking any responsibility for what you do to your amp!
Hi Veeren,

you wrote: "I bypassed all the electronics on the STA 1000D input module, not hard to do just remove 4 resistors and 2 coupling plugs." Can you explain what happens with this and the location of the resistors and caps on the input?