What is wrong with TPA3255?

After reading through this thread and many other threads around 'cheaper' chinese boards based on IRS2092 or TPA3255 I really wonder if it is still worth the risk if you are looking for a high power application?
Nope!

They are able to put all in 1 box, SMPS, 2x200W amplifier board, DSP, decent case, for 100 euro...so am I missing something, are they keeping the boards more expensive if you buy them separate?
Well, it actually seems like the board you link to has honest data, that by itself is impressive. The ADAU 1701 is value for money but perhaps not the highest possible quality option. Looks like value for the money to me.

If we look at your earlier statement:
A Hypex setup with 2 UCD 400 mono boards and an SMPS 400a400 is also around 400 euro.
You can get a ready made amplifier like the IMG Stageline 400D or 800D (Hypex everything) for a very reasonable sum with full warranty, so IMO it's not worth the extra price in shipping, parts and work to buy the mono boards.

If you want integrated DSP for a proper high-power application then I'd look at Crown XTI or something.
If you live in Europe and want value for the money, DSP and 4 channels I'd strongly consider "the t.amp Quadro 500 DSP" from Thomann.

@kaffiman thanks for the img stageline reference! Really nice amp, would sound crazy but buying 2 of them and putting the internals in a "hifi" case would be pretty great.

The sta-2000 would be perfect but I read negative reviews on the pascal units.

The thomann looks great but I really want it to be passive, without fans.

No worries, saves time and money to get the same modules for a good price + box, connectors, wires, no ordering from several different vendors etc...

I have an STA-2000 and it sounds great, however, it is quite sensitive so you absolutely MUST have a good signal chain.

Apparently there's several that use the Quadro 500 in livingrooms and they have not complained about fan noise.