What is wrong with TPA3255?

Will buy a top class smps when this is the fix...this one is just for testing...do not believe this is the solution...

Rta on my ipad is the only (poor) spl measuring tool I have...but I hear the difference in bass against 10 other amps...they cannot all be wrong...even my quad 303 has not this gap in bass...(50 year old workhorse)...

I will see what the result of the other yj board will be...is shipped I hope...

I guy in Denmark had the same problem with Hypex and B&W N801. The bass was missing. I was the very complex load that the Hypex module did not like. He had to remove the passive woofer filter, and replace with active filter, and then no problem. The Hypex sounded fine on many other speakers, just not the B&W N801

PWM ekspert soges :) - HiFi2You

I also have hypex...no problem in bass...

It would be useful if you do the test with highest band resolution and both tests at the same day/timeslot without moving the ipad or changing settings between the tests. Otherwise it isn't comparable.

Ipad will be on the same place...settings will be the same, time or day is not a parameter...lets keep it simple...I am not hoping to find a solution for my problem with these measurements...just objectively showing it is not in my head!

Btw...next amp is on the way...and I am confident that one will not have the bass problem...if it does, exit TPA3255 like the TAS5630 because they are way to noisy ( at least the ones I tested)...

But hey, it is fun to experiment with these low cost class d amps...

I was only hoping to hear some feedback from other TPA3255 users, so far not much to find here or elswhere...(maybe I am not searching good enough...:) )