TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I assume you ordered the TPA3255EVM? This is one of the more popular EVMs available, and is sometimes out of stock. I suspect that when this happens, instead of making more, they call some back from the distributors (Mouser, Digikey etc), who only sell them at full price.

If you haven't done so already, download the EVM manual/Users guide; this covers all configurations etc...

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Yes ordered from The Ti Store

I have the EVM pdf but I don't really understand the schematic of how to connect th3 speakers as such. What do I ground them to? And is that a capacitor on the ground connections?

Sorry. I'm not good with electronics!

Last edited:
So if I want to use it in 4 channel or 2.1 mode. Where do I connect the speaker negatives?
For the stereo speakers of a 2.1 configuration, the positive speaker connections are OUTC and OUTD. The common negative speaker connection is J20.
Configure the board according to section 3.1 of the User Guide.

For 4 channel SE mode, you can follow the same pattern for OUTA and OUTB - their negative speaker connection is J11.
Configure the board according to section 3.3 of the User Guide.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
So I emailed Ti Store and have had a response to say I am not allowed one being in the EU and the board nor being CE approved...bugger.

"The reason why the order wasn't shipped 1965894 is because after a change in the regulations in the EU we are not allowed to import boards that are not CE Certificated."

Yatsushiro got yours ok to France..was in the EU last I heard?!

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I asked if my order has been cancelled and got this reply.....so it seems it will just sit in the system until a time who knows when!

"The order has not been cancelled and we cannot say when it will be fulfilled because until the laws change it cannot be fulfilled due to restrictions.

If you would like to cancel the order please let me know so that I can do that on the system"

^ nope, you can use single ended input throughout. In fact, you *can't* use balanced on your SE output channels, only SE input.

The SE input to the bridged output will obviously have to use the second NE5532 to derive the opposite phase. Just think of the A+B channels as independent of the C+D channels. You wire the C+D as a SE-in, Bridged-out, and the the A and B as SE-in, SE-out.

^ nope, you can use single ended input throughout. In fact, you *can't* use balanced on your SE output channels, only SE input.

The SE input to the bridged output will obviously have to use the second NE5532 to derive the opposite phase. Just think of the A+B channels as independent of the C+D channels. You wire the C+D as a SE-in, Bridged-out, and the the A and B as SE-in, SE-out.

Hey DPH, thanks for information mate appreciated :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.