TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did anyone in Europe needed to pay customs tax? What value did TI declare on the package?
I think the flexible configuration of the evm board is great, but does it have 4 inputs?

@Chermann: How is the SQ of the nobsound compared to the EVM board?

Last edited:
Did anyone in Europe needed to pay customs tax? What value did TI declare on the package?
I think the flexible configuration of the evm board is great, but does it have 4 inputs?

@Chermann: How is the SQ of the nobsound compared to the EVM board?
hi think
no extra fees to pay...about 81 euro to get in in my hand in vienna. thanks to this forum and to TI !

actually i try the 2 x YJ (bought at amazon = nobsound beginn of march about 52 euro) boards with some mods..so i am busy....just some hours per week to go ahead...;) no compare to the EVM ..sorry

i am waiting for the meanwell 350-36.

Last edited:
Good to read your customs have been nice to you all!
I read about someone receiving it in the UK without charges as well. (edit: just posted above me while I was typing)
Here in The Netherlands, the postal customs guys do their jobs way to good..... to my liking; big chance they 'ask' VAT and a 'service' charge; about €40 extra.

To all happy buyers: what value did TI declare on the package(s)? (sorry to ask again)

This board powered by my 37V 10Ah (33-42V) e-bike battery would be crazy powerful and portable; would make very nice heart for a mobile pa system, world's most powerful ghetto blaster or loudest battery bank with 100A USB charging port.... :D

Last edited:
Good to read your customs have been nice to you all!
I read about someone receiving it in the UK without charges as well. (edit: just posted above me while I was typing)
Here in The Netherlands, the postal customs guys do their jobs way to good..... to my liking; big chance they 'ask' VAT and a 'service' charge; about €40 extra.

To all happy buyers: what value did TI declare on the package(s)? (sorry to ask again)

This board powered by my 37V 10Ah (33-42V) e-bike battery would be crazy powerful and portable; would make very nice heart for a mobile pa system, world's most powerful ghetto blaster or loudest battery bank with 100A USB charging port.... :D

Hi think

again 81,49 euro and is was sent by FEDEX without extra fee.

please be aware of the power of your battery and design a kind of protection...if lipo or lion are shortcuted the nightmare starts :eek: !

chris

I would like to try connecting the TPA3255 without its input stage - as suggested above. Before doing so I would like to know if that will be safe as (so it has been kindly pointed out to me) "on tpa3255evm whatever you do with the jumpers there is always a connection from the op amps to the last coupling caps and wrong grounding can damage the op amp." Can anybody shed some light on this issue as (obviously) I'd rather not fry the amp.
Thx in advance for your feedback.

From TI :

I have to inform you that this EVM is one of our products that we no longer have on stock in Europe and due to recent changes of EU regulations cannot be currently imported from US. It has to be re-certified for the European market first, therefore, even if you place a new order the fulfillment might take even up to one year.
The only way to purchase this EVM is to check if any of our official distributors still has it on European stock: Electronic Component Search of Authorized Distributors | ECIA.

I can forget the 50%...

Hi think

again 81,49 euro and is was sent by FEDEX without extra fee.

please be aware of the power of your battery and design a kind of protection...if lipo or lion are shortcuted the nightmare starts :eek: !

chris
Thanks again, but this is how much you paid to TI. Was this amount also on the package itself?
Every package needs a content and value description and every package with a value €22 incl shipping or more, should be taxed.

If the sender puts on a value below €22, (but not to low) on the package (regular practice with the Chinese), chances are 10 times bigger, I will get the package without extra charge. Because customs then has to investigate the package and can ask me for for a copy of the invoice, which can be 'corrected'. :cannotbe:

About the lipo pack; I use it on my e-bike and it is fused on the charge port and load cables and the pieces of + cables before the fuses have extra sleeves. But that should be common practice with every battery; a fuse close to the + terminal. A 12V car battery holds about as much power and can deliver much higher amps.
A tip for lipo an li-ion batteries: when you charge it to 90-95%t he battery will last double the # of the charges. I have 2 diodes between the charger and pack.

Slow charging (and discharging) is much safer and also extends battery life, so better not fast-charge your smartphone and other devices as well.
Fast charging is great for battery sellers..........

@Titu thx, for your message, and to bad we are being screwed by our owners again...... (every rule or regulation is a restriction of freedom) 'Our' countries voted against the EU with every referendum held........ but see where we are.
But the message does not say you won't get 50% off next year does it? :rolleyes:
I won't even try to order then, but have a friend who goes visiting the US next month........ maybe........ well see! Thx all!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.