TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tpa3255 and tpa3251d2evm are out of stock... Damn it!

Do they still have the tpa3251d2evm? My link from my purchase history did not work, and I could not find it. Was thinking at the reduced price get another and run it mono. Altough, without any experience in it at stereo yet not sure what, other than more power I would gain, as it already has more than enough, but it's the thought that counts.

As I read the TPA3244EVM application note I see that the unit can operate in Single Ended output mode. Does this mean 4 channels of output? The picture shows banana jacks for inputs A,B,C, and D but for the output to the speaker there is only one set of grounds for A and B and one set of grounds for C and D. Would I simply double up the speaker cables for the black input or is there something more involved? Also any idea what the output power might be across the 4 channels. I would use the Meanwell LRS-350-48 as a SMPS.

Thanks,
JD

Yes, in SE you'll have 4 Channels at half the power compared to BTL. Beside that, the outputs capacitor-decoupled and ground-referenced. Im using my TPA3255 in mixed mode, 1xBTL + 2xSE. SE works good for mid-highs.

PVDDmax for TPA3244 is 30V, so your 48V supply can't be used. Better choice: LRS-350-24 set at 28.8V.

Output power to except:

30W into 4R 10%
50W into 2R 10%

25W into 4R 1%
44W into 2R 1%

More than enough for mid-highs. You may consider using 1xBTL + 2xSE as well in a 2.1 configuration.

I've been listening to this TI TPA3255EVM for a few days now, and I had Stravinsky's "The Rite of Spring" playing (Reference Recordings, "Stravinsky", Eiji Oue and the Minnesota Orchestra). I didn't think I had the CD playing exceptionally loud--maybe 78dB--and yet my wife asked me to turn it down because she could hear the timpani strikes through the ceiling and into the upper floor of our townhome. She was concerned the neighbors might complain about the shaking.

Keep in mind I am playing this amp through KEF LS50 monitors with 5.25" mid-woofer drivers. I do not have a subwoofer, yet the bass is quite palpable. Impressive.

I just received this email from TI tonight. Clicking on the 3255 icon brings you to that 3255 EVB page where it says "order now" at the $150 price. The discount code in the email drops that to $75.

However I ordered one back on 9/21 and it still says "in work" with no delivery date when I check the order status.

Attachments

• TI_EVB.jpg
    TI_EVB.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 500
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.