TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok another question.. how tall are these boards? they are on tall legs in the photos, which suggests lots of stuff on the backside of the board.. how tall are they in total?

also, is the heatsink easily removable? id be wanting to attach them to an aluminium block screwed to my extruded case.

Helping hand end eyes :)

I have one of these. A big help.

Attachments

• lup.jpg
    lup.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 998
Thanks for this information - I was going to check out the TPA3255 using one of the low cost Alieexpress boards, but now can evaluate using a genuine TI board for pretty much the same price.

Any suggestions for "off the shelf" power supplies for these units?
how about something along the lines of?

SMPS600RS 48V 230V Power supply

I intend to use this mainly to drive the LF drivers (15" 8 ohm) in my active system. Plus try out with some of my full range speakers to check out the performance.

Have not tried the boards I ordered yet, but ordered them on the 12th, they also shipped them on the 12th, and here I am on the 14th, boards in hand from across the ocean.
I was utterly perplexed about getting some packages now, did not expect anything 'till next week.

Very impressed!
I can not believe they make any money at all selling the boards at this price and shipping with couriers this fast.

Now waiting for some PSU's I ordered...

I ordered the MEAN WELL SE-600-48. Will need to do some modifications to the fan, as it is supposedly noisy.
Do not think I will be using 100watts even. Was thinking it might be ok to use with 2 TPA3255 modules but not sure. Will see how it goes.

The LRS 350-36 should be a good match for the TPA3251, should be a bit more power than you'd need in normal listening, which is important, so you'll have some "headroom" :)

Will probably use a classic transformer + rectifier bridge on my TPA3251, as I have some suitable parts laying about.

Edit:
typo!

Last edited:
Have not tried the boards I ordered yet, but ordered them on the 12th, they also shipped them on the 12th, and here I am on the 14th, boards in hand from across the ocean.
I was utterly perplexed about getting some packages now, did not expect anything 'till next week.

Very impressed!
I can not believe they make any money at all selling the boards at this price and shipping with couriers this fast.

Now waiting for some PSU's I ordered...

how much have you paid for the shipping? I see on their webpage that they offer free shipping on orders above 150$, but the 3255 EVM costs 149$

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.