The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

If you are running computer audio (mac pro) what is the optimum way of getting the signal into the Fusions?

1) Optical
2) USB - Spdif converter
3) Sound card with AES

It is up to you to find out which one might sound best with your gear.

Normaly, all should sound identical. In practice, you will find small differences, which lead to a preference. Might even be the colour of the wire which makes one output/input sound better...

What ever your hear, you are right.

I have been reading lots into dacs, psu & clocks.

Would there be any way of getting the sort of quality you could possibly get from a £10k dac set up with the fusions?

Still curious if a high end dac before would make any difference, or improving AC power supply, or some 'game changing' master clock would make this an end game product?

Still curious if a high end dac before would make any difference, or improving AC power supply, or some 'game changing' master clock would make this an end game product?

Hypex are a company based on solid engineering practice, not smoke, mirrors and advertising. Any audible shortcomings in the Fusion amp range are imagined or caused by poor implementation by the end user. They are already an end game product acoustically, however more work could still be done on the software.

Awesome about the new software.

I’ll get my fusions boxed up ready and see if I can work out how to better implement them in my set up.

I’ve just been loading the flat filter to get them working. I now have a mic and sound card to take measurements but is there a collection of general filters available?

Would there be any way of getting the sort of quality you could possibly get from a £10k dac set up with the fusions?
Sure - very easily, as a £10k DAC is audibly no better than a £1k DAC.
I call those kind of "improvements" Tinker Belle Improvements - they only work if you believe hard enough. :)