The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Ok, it seem miniDSP didn't specified any signal-to-noise ratio for their plate amps, thats strange.
Hypex FA's have way over 100dB SNR even, if ADC is considered.
May i try to hook up my two speaker parallel to get 99dB sensitivity, but i don't think that the noise becomes much noticable than now with 93dB.

I have the Hypex DLCP and also a MiniDSP OpenDRC DA8. The latter, I‘ve had for a few years. The DA8 is noticeably noisier than the DLCP, but on drivers with «hifi-ish» sensitivity (88-91dB/W), it’s not really bothersome. For compression drivers, it would be a problem, unless some analog signal damping is put between dsp and amp (or padding on the drivers).

The amp I’m currently using, has a Hypex UcD-34MP module for mid and tweet section and UcD180 modules for the woofers. With only 15dB or so gain, hiss is not an issue anyways in normal drivers.

Johan-Kr

Fans on the FusionAmp 502?

Hi
I consider using the FusionAmp 502 for bass, but I am bit concerned about potential fan noise, so:

1. Does the fan work all the time or only when the modules are working hard?

2, when the fans are 'on', are they noisy?

Thanks!

Best regards
Peter

concerning the FA123 and it's NC122MP amp to be used without the DSP :

- connector J6.7 warns of amp stop on DC offset detected. Does anyone know if a small DC offset of the source is allowed, or none ?

- on J4, is it really necessary to keep all the wires connected other than the input lines ? (assuming you don't need mute, clip indicator and temperature sensor, but will it work without that one ?). If it had been possible, I would have bought the OEM NCores...

At present time, I'm still using the DSP. concerning HFD, it is possible to copy a preset on another preset in the same file. But is there a way to do it to another file ? Looking at the XML settings file, it doesn't look so evident to copy part of it...

Actually in a small room and for subwoofers, I don't think it is wise to set that 10ms delay between two subs. You don't hear direct sound, but modes.

The volume of the 6m sub was set to +4db, and the 3m sub to 0db.

Most of the bass still come from the 3m sub.

How to balance the two subs? Other than sound meter?

Thanks!

Btw, I will invert either sub, when I got more free time, until the bass comes all over the place. Maybe this will works! ;)

Last edited: